Marketing Communications Manager
Do you want a role with a creative, results-driven, fun, and innovative Marketing Team? This position is your opportunity to join Granicus, the fastest-growing software provider for the public sector. The role will be integral to executing the marketing team's strategic campaigns by owning content creation – from ideation to publication – and promoting the organizations' work through public relations activities and strategic initiatives.
You will be a part of a hard-working team that values individual drive and initiative, as well as teamwork and comradery. At the end of every day, you will know that your work makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people's lives, and you have the opportunity to join us in this important work.
The person in this role will activate on the organization's annual marketing plan by owning digital marketing activities related to lead generation. The content team is the starting place for all Granicus content and is responsible for setting the vision for and executing on interactive content pieces. In the role of the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for research, reporting, writing and editing of a wide range of content from in-depth e-books to blogs.
As the Marketing Communications manager you will report to Director of Marketing and will work closely with the product marketing and client success teams to identify the best possible messaging and positioning to assist in retention and new sales. This role requires excellent writing and editing skills, flexibility, attention to detail, organization, consistent follow-up, and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The strongest candidates will have excellent communications and relationship-building skills and an enthusiasm for the public sector, technology and government IT.
What You'll Do:
- Research, report and write everything from blogs to in-depth eBooks on topics such as the application of technology in transforming public sector experiences
- Manage the corporate brand by creating focused and targeted messaging, contributing the company's future positioning
- Identify and interview thought leaders in the public sector about government trends, successes, and future innovations.
- Edit and produce content that builds stronger relationships with clients and prospects and drives them to action.
- Manage the company's Digital Innovation Awards program that honors some of government's most innovative leaders
- Assist in the review and launch of daily communications to our audience of government leaders
- Communicate cross-functionally to ensure success and completion of marketing-related projects.
- Oversee dozens of guest bloggers and freelance writers when needed
- Support the organization's public relations, internal communications, and community engagement efforts
Who You Are:
- You have a degree in Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations
- You have 3-4 years of Marketing or Communications experience
- You demonstrate excellent written communication and presentation skills
- You have experience pitching media stories to online and print publications
- You possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment where functioning autonomously and collaborating as part of a team are equally important
- You are a self-starter with the curiosity to expand the scope of assigned projects and tasks as needed
- You are passionate and/or experienced in working with public sector entities
- You have previous experience creating outstanding downloadable content
- You have project management skills and an understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- You are comfortable and professional when interacting with clients and representing Granicus to the general public
- You have experience working with international and virtual teams
- You have experience managing freelance or guest contributors
- You have experience working with Adobe Illustrator
- You have experience working with Marketo or other marketing automation programs
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.