Marketing & Communication Specialist II - Brand Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
Marketing & Communication Specialist II
Ball Aerospace is seeking a Marketing & Brand Specialist II to join our Marketing & Communications (MarCom) department. In this position, you will be responsible for promoting and elevating Ball’s brand within the marketplace by ensuring consistent branding and messaging across all Ball communication channels, developing key marketing materials and assets, and analyzing the performance of various strategic communication campaigns. This position is based in Broomfield, CO.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the portfolio lead for Ball Aerospace’s branding and marketing collateral initiatives.
- Work with the Strategic Communications Manager to develop the creative strategy and message for the Aerospace division, aligned with the overall Ball Corporation brand.
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all communication channels.
- Write, develop, and design marketing deliverables, such as adverts and brochures.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to develop consistent, strategic messaging on various company products and capabilities.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing & communications strategies to support business priorities.
- Develop an integrated marketing analytics strategy.
- Partner with the rest of the MarCom team to regularly gather and analyze performance metrics on various communication channels and campaigns and make recommendations based on the insights collected.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to write and edit strong external award nomination packages.
- Write and edit talking notes and develop and design presentations to support high-level speaking engagements.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, English, Business or related field is preferred.
- Strategic mindset is a must for this position.
- Experience developing and executing marketing campaigns focused on driving business growth and priorities.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Extensive project management skills.
- Experience writing and designing external marketing products.
- Experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting marketing data.
- A creative eye for design and branding that carries through layout design, photography, videography, typography, etc.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turn arounds.
- Experience working under brand guidelines.
- Attention to detail, organized and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to collaborate with teams across the business.
- Ability to translate and synthesize highly technical information into strategic marketing messages.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- If not familiar with the aerospace industry, ability to take initiative to understand the company and learn about products, capabilities and markets.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, new products or technical knowledge; stay current on new trends, ideas, technologies.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with, and the ability to, collaborate with individuals and teams at all levels, including senior-level executives.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience writing and developing talking points and presentations.
- Experience writing external award nominations.
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts, such as engineers, researchers or scientists.
- Experience performing market research.
- Experience working with marketing analytical tools and platforms.
- Experience increasing brand awareness among key target audiences.
- Occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.