Marketing and Communications Specialist III - Customer Engagement & Events at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Capabilities Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities
Marketing and Communications Specialist III - Customer Engagement & Events
Ball Aerospace is searching for an experienced Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Specialist to join our Customer Engagement & Events Team. In this role, you will engage and partner with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Strategic Business Units (SBUs), Strategic Capability Units (SCUs), Program teams, Administrative Assistants, MarCom team members and other Ball personnel to lead, organize, manage and execute complex special events including customer visits/meetings, events and tours; external engagement programs (to include conferences & tradeshows); and employee events and engagement programs in support of the ongoing Ball Aerospace Strategic Plan.
External events and functions will include participants from the U.S. Government, Department of Defense, Civil Space customers, Aerospace and Defense Industry partner executives, elected officials (federal, state, and local) as well as suppliers. This position will help shape and be responsible for Ball Aerospace's presence in various markets. You will also play a critical role as a culture champion in support of nurturing Ball's culture. This role will report to the Manager of Customer Engagement & Events for Ball Aerospace, and will be located in Broomfield, CO.
You will be tasked with managing vendors, preparing, and delivering executive/stakeholder event briefs and evaluate event effectiveness. The job entails the use of event planning, project management skills, marketing tactics, clear understanding of customer and employee requirements and priorities. A substantial working knowledge of U.S. and International government regulations, familiarity with various cultures, protocols, customs, and strict adherence to Ball Aerospace guidelines, policies, and procedures are required. You will continuously collect, integrate, and disseminate information to all stakeholders to ensure execution to the plan. In addition, you will utilize project & event management tools and data to capture and closeout event reports.
What you'll Do:
- Manage and maintain the master event calendar and database.
- Develop and maintain standardized processes, tools, and records.
- Identify and recommend impactful employee event programs to engage employees and nurture the Ball culture.
- Create pre-tradeshow/event briefing documents and run pre-tradeshow/event business meetings.
- Coordinate and/or lead planning and logistics of tradeshows, conferences, and events.
- Assist MarCom Manager/Leadership in determining which trade shows and events are strategically aligned with the ongoing strategic plan.
- Develop the theme/purpose for each tradeshow and event.
- Work with the Strategic Business Units and Strategic Capabilities Units to develop content and messaging to deliver a high-quality external presence and ensure consistency and collaboration while following established guidelines, processes, procedures, and tools.
- Educate cross functional teams, provide direction & establish solutions where appropriate.
- Provide regular updates to keep all stakeholders abreast of upcoming events and deadlines.
- Partner with MarCom's Branding and Integrated Marketing team to develop pre-tradeshow/event promotions and speaking/thought leadership opportunities.
- Manage vendors to execute events and tradeshows.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics of the exhibit property including maintenance of the trade show exhibit, demonstration equipment and all accessories.
- Conduct and communicate post-show analysis, including metrics.
- Work with business development/new business/sales to ensure leads are distributed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Create/adapt forms, checklists, procedures, and work instructions to support business processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Maintain and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Hospitality, Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- CTSM (Certified Trade Show Marketer), or CMP (Certified Meeting Professional).
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI security clearance or other DoD security clearance.
- 5 years in related experience including event & project management, tradeshow/conference planning and execution, customer engagement preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, event and project management, protocol, marketing, communications, employee engagement and teambuilding skills are key to this role.
- Excellent customer relations & customer service skills.
- Understanding of production requirements and timelines of tradeshow and event planning.
- Ability to act quickly and decisively with solutions to unexpected issues.
- Results driven, team spirit with the ability to drive improved processes, efficiency and focus on impactful business results.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Strong general business acumen and intellectual curiosity.
- Experience creating and executing programs and events on budget.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with Cvent a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Action-oriented/Drive for results.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Interpersonal savvy.
- Experience and ability to work in a team environment.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, open space, trade show floor, hotel room (when traveling).
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.