As an Analyst in the Marketing team you will help plan, design and execute innovative big data and survey research reports on topics like eCommerce trends and digital transformation. The role will have one foot in data analysis which will require you to perform data collection, cleaning, classification, prototyping and analysis and statistics techniques. The other foot will be in storytelling and will require you to be familiar with digital trends across a variety of industries like media, retail, financial services, telecommuications and travel/hospitality. Storytellers need new material regularly so you should be energized by fast-paced, ambiguous and shifting priorities and assignments.
Your primary focus for the first few months will be to build the infrastructure to perform future tasks quickly in order to create more time to find interesting new topics to analyze. Analysis will require some knowledge of databases and data structures as well as key data interaction technologies such as BigQuery, SQL, Google Data Studio, Splunk, Python and R or SPSS. In this role you would be a founder of the earned media content program at Quantum Metrics and will have the opportunity to grow into bigger roles in a start-up environment that tripled in size last year.
A day in the life
Your primary focus will be (a) developing data, insights and information into stories from the cleansing data phase to deployment to content in report, social media, blogs, external publications like the Wall St. Journal, keynote presentations, podcasts, etc., and (b) developing automation processes to maximize the ability to watch trends and find new stories about online and mobile user behavior. As a part of your day to day you will collaborate closely with the R&D and product teams. You are a good fit to this role if you are highly independent and intrinsically motivated specialist that thrives when given independence to think creatively and produce novel ideas.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in a data analysis field. Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Phycology, Sociology or closely related fields.
- At least 3 years work experience. Strong quantitative analytical skills; with statistical analysis competence in techniques such as correlation, regression, KPI metric development, segmentation modeling and algorithms.
- Familiar with Python and Google Data Studio, able to query data using BigQuery or SQL, has experience working with cloud-based computing platforms and big data tools.
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices and ability to put together a data story in presentation format.
- Interest in learning how to work with machine learning models such as Deep Neural Networks, GXboost and random forest, or AI big-data techniques
The successful candidate:
- Loves to work independently in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Curious and interested in digital trends
- Always looking for solutions and working around challenges
- Able to work quickly and comfortable with imperfection
- Enjoys working with data and people
- Creative within the knowledge domain, generate novel ideas.
- Ability to work across disciplines by building connections and fostering relationships
Quantum Metric is a venture-backed startup that raised a $25MM Series A round of funding from Insight Venture Partners, a top-tier NY-based firm. The company has amazing client success stories at enterprise-scale that have helped validate our product-market fit and provided compelling examples of our business value proposition.
The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years. We’re thoughtfully scaling out our team to add outstanding talent that is equally passionate about being part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative and values passion, honesty, persistence, and curiosity.
We’re offering you the opportunity to develop your career in a tech space ripe for disruption. If all of this inspires you, then what are you waiting for? Talk to us today!