Marketing Analyst at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Analytics Group at Sling is looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join the Marketing Analytics team. The marketing analytics team works closely with the Sling marketers to help Sling achieve their acquisition and profitability goals.
The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for performing analyses on marketing campaigns to increase profitable activations. This person must have a strong understanding of the industry, advanced technical skills, and the ability to communicate difficult concepts in a simple, concise fashion.
- Make recommendations to all levels of the business in order to improve the effectiveness of marketing spend
- Perform analysis of marketing attribution and Sling customer data to determine who our best prospective customers are and how to target them
- Advise the business in how to perform proper marketing A/B tests and evaluate A/B testing results in order to determine effectiveness of campaign spend
- Perform ad hoc requests with large data sets
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or relevant work experience or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Advanced skills with SQL and knowledge of statistical programming languages (Python/R)
- Demonstrated ability to derive business value out of complex data/models to create significant change within an organization
- Understanding of digital marketing channels and methods
- Deep understanding of data processes and structures, experience with big data preferred (Hadoop, AWS, GCP)
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to a wide range of audiences in a clear, concise form