Market Data Analyst at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do.
The Market Data Analyst researches the waste and recycling industry and informs the decision as to potential next markets for expansion. This role will report to the Market Development Manager and work closely with the Commercial team, Finance, Operations and other key functional teams. This role requires a passion for analyzing data and informing data driven strategic decisions, as well as flexibility and adaptability to the evolving needs of AMP programs, projects and organization.
- Create and maintain a “source of truth” dataset regarding recycling and waste facilities in countries AMP operates in.
- Market research and analysis in order to identify and prioritize new site locations
- Work closely with the Market Development team to quickly evaluate commercial opportunities and conduct supporting research to help inform decision making and deal structure.
- Support the material sourcing team with frameworks, templates and consolidate the data they collect in the field.
- Analysis of recycled material pricing and composition studies as well as internal data points in order to help inform material sourcing\selling efforts.
- Support site development through financial analysis and market conditions review
- Project support, as required
- 2-5 years of experience in data analyst, consulting, investment banking or other highly analytical roles
- Organization - Highly organized, able to simultaneously work on multiple projects and aspects of project development.
- Outstanding agility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent planning skills to build, communicate and execute complex projects.
- Autonomous, high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done
- Business Model-oriented - Must be able to understand AMP market and product requirements
- Excellent Communication - Strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders, including CEOs, facility managers, city planners
- Experience with geographical \ mapping visualization tools is a plus (ArcGIS \ Tableau \ other).
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- AMP's Louisville CO Headquarters.
- Up to 5% travel time for in field meetings and research.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation information: $70,000 - $90,000 depending on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).