Manager, Social Media & Public Relations
Evolve’s mission is to make vacation rental easy for everyone. Unlike the DIY or local property manager business models, our fresh approach to vacation rental management empowers homeowners and builds trust with guests. That translates to a lot of brand interactions online and, ideally, to a lot of positive coverage in the media.
As part of our Marketing team, the Manager of Social Media & Public Relations will oversee all organic social media activity and increase local and national media mentions. You will develop a social media strategy that builds relationships and enhances our brand while keeping a close eye on KPIs and adjusting on the fly. You will also take a holistic approach to online and offline media that identifies industry influencers and opportunities for others to tell our story. In short, you will be an amplifier for our transformation of the vacation rental industry.
Beyond having proven skills with reputation management and media pitching, you should be a natural collaborator, conceptual thinker and tireless tinkerer, focused on creative problem-solving through words and stories. You should be comfortable saying yes to opportunities and no to inefficiencies. And you should be ready to have some fun doing it.
- Lead Evolve social media activity, including strategy by channel, positive growth in engagement, reputation management, and issue resolution
- Lead Evolve public relations efforts, developing media relationships, pitching coverage-worthy ideas, and tracking PR growth and impact
- Contribute to and lead social media execution of content calendar that reflects company and departmental priorities
- Participate in conceptual brainstorming to solve business problems, generate new ideas, and improve effectiveness of social and PR efforts
- Create compelling content for vacation rental homeowners and travelers that drives action (including but not limited to social engagement, lead generation, request for information, etc.)
- Create compelling pitches for media coverage that build awareness and inspire brand interactions
- Analyze performance and challenge status quo to ensure all efforts produce meaningful results
- Maintain positive brand reputation by working with Customer Resolution and other frontline teams to bring negative interactions, complaints, requests, or trolling to a swift and discreet resolution
- Enforce brand voice and standards across all channels
- 4-6 years of professional experience managing social media for a consumer and/or B2B brand (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat)
- Proven experience increasing engagement to increase inbound web traffic and/or digital lead conversions
- Proven experience in PR and media relations on a national scale, preferably in travel and tourism
- Proven experience tracking and analyzing efforts for continuous improvement
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Self-starter with patience and perseverance
- Ability to multitask, collaborate, and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with rapid pace of change
- Organized, process-friendly, and detail-oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Web analytics technical capabilities a plus
- Working knowledge of front-end web languages and/or CMS a plus
A Little About Us
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is a high growth, Denver-based startup that is redefining vacation rental management and we’re looking for a smart, passionate, and entrepreneurial individual to join us.
Our team is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone. We provide homeowners with the easiest and most effective way to generate rental income, while offering travelers the world's best booking experience.
We're conveniently located in Downtown Denver offering easy access to the Cherry Creek Bike Path, RTD Light Rail, as well as all the great restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops the city has to offer! Oh, and we also like to have a lot of fun.
- Benefits - You’ll receive competitive pay, and health insurance packages that include 100% employer paid HDHP, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage. Supplemental benefits are also available in addition to 401(k) match, commuter benefits, and equity in the company.
- Lifestyle - We embrace work-life balance so we offer PTO and paid sick days. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Evolve offers free access to an onsite fitness center and bicycle storage.
- A Voice - Our innovation framework encourages you to pitch ideas and make real changes at Evolve. Employees are the driving force behind internal process improvements.
- Career Growth - We are committed to creating growth opportunities for every employee at Evolve. Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to developing top talent who have a true earn-it mentality!
- Community - It’s easy to make friends at Evolve, and we work hard to keep our community strong. There are two monthly all-company sessions as well as company-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Transparency - Every month, our co-founders tell us how the company is performing, explain where we’re headed next, and recognize team members for jobs well done.
- Hands-on Education - We learn every day, and we expect you to, too. We can’t wait to hear your ideas for how to improve Evolve, and we’ll gladly help you access the resources and develop the skills and you need to reach your career goals.
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is an equal opportunity employer.