Manager, Public Relations at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
After a year of foundational successes, we’re ready to take our PR efforts to the next level and are looking for the right PR professional to help share our story. As part of our Brand and Communications team, the Manager, Publication Relations will work directly with our agency partner to create and execute a strategy that supports Evolve’s larger business goals while fulfilling our needs for brand awareness, thought leadership, recruitment, and customer lead generation. This role will be a balance of art and science, with the right candidate building a deep understanding of Evolve’s business and the wider industry, developing creative ways to share our story, and successfully measuring and reporting the impact of our PR efforts.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute Evolve’s annual and quarterly PR strategies alongside our agency partner.
- Develop story ideas and work with our agency partner to pitch local, regional, national, and trade outlets.
- Manage inbound media requests by collaborating with experts across the business.
- Collaborate with wider teams to align PR efforts with marketing and business objectives when possible, and ensure all parties are informed on current PR initiatives, messaging, goals, and results.
- Manage corporate communication initiatives and relationships with external partners, including alliances, third-party agencies, and industry groups.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Communications team to develop, launch, and maintain brand partnerships.
- Maintain positive brand reputation by collaborating with internal stakeholders on resolving crisis situations.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and help to develop speaking and award submissions.
- Develop materials including press releases, surveys, and other content.
- Establish PR success metrics and tracking to share with internal stakeholders and agency partners.
- Support in the promotion and continued development of Evolve’s corporate social responsibility program.
- Ensure all content accurately embodies Evolve’s brand voice.
What makes you a great fit
- 5+ years of experience in PR.
- 2+ years of people leadership experience.
- Builds effective relationships with local, national, and trade media, business partners, senior leaders, and other influential individuals.
- Manages constantly changing work priorities in a deadline-oriented, time-sensitive environment.
- Analyzes and understands complex data to inform stories and spot trends.
- Comfortable working with a wide range of leaders and personalities.
- Demonstrates a history of developing and implementing successful PR strategies.
- Communicates complex concepts into easily understood terms for all audiences.
- Has an eye for accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- Holds a proven track record of success directing or managing agency relationships.
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and situational management during high-visibility, high-pressure, and fast-moving crises.
- Has a hospitality mindset with an exceptional level of integrity and empathy to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material.
- Travel industry experience is a plus.
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $109,000-$125,000 depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.