Manager, Marketing Analytics at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
The marketing analytics team collaborates with marketing channel leads, internal data teams (BI, Data Engineering, and Data Science), and various other internal stakeholders that are responsible for driving 750MM+ annually in revenue from consumer and service professional acquisition.
The analytics team is made up of marketing analysts that are strategic business partners providing actionable insights and visibility into company performance. They work across Angi’s portfolio of brands and all major marketing platforms, both Digital Marketing (SEM, Paid App, Display, Social, Affiliate, Email, SMS) and Brand Marketing (TV and Offline Media).
The goals of the marketing analytics team will be to:
- Arm marketing teams with the tools, data, and reporting needed to make investment decisions.
- Uncover actionable insights (through data analysis, modeling, statistical testing) that will maximize revenue, lower cost, and improve customer/pro retention.
About the role
Angi is looking for a Manager to join the Marketing Analytics team. This position will be a key part of a growing analytics team that supports an increasingly sophisticated marketing program. This position will include, but not limited to, leading and growing a team of analysts, establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships (both in terms of Marketing stakeholders as well as data/analytics stakeholders), and creating a strategic vision for the team via the development of team OKRs.
Some of the analytics and reporting challenges the team faces include:
- How should we allocate budget across all channels (and within channels) to maximize return on ad spend (ROAS) and improve consumer lifetime value?
- Can we systematically identify anomalies in performance to ensure we maximize ROI?
- Can we use our internal supply and demand data to ensure we do not waste marketing dollars?
- How can we leverage our TV marketing data to get an accurate ROI and drive growth?
- What impact does TV and Offline Media have on other marketing channels?
- How does marketing impact Angi brand health metrics like awareness, consideration and loyalty? What tactics can we use to improve these metrics?
- What attribution methodologies should we explore to properly value investments?
What you'll do
- Lead and develop a best-in-class marketing analytics team.
- Create a strategic vision for the marketing analytics team and develop initiatives aimed to accomplish the vision.
- Build productive and efficient relationships with stakeholders across marketing, data/analytics, product, finance. Be a champion for your team.
- Learn the complex Angi ecosystem and overall Angi marketing strategy in order to be a subject matter expert on all data analysis and modeling related to marketing.
- Utilize data to identify opportunities for growth and efficiencies within the marketing program. Communicate and champion these opportunities with stakeholders and constantly push to improve.
- Bring a deep understanding of marketing strategies with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Constantly strive to improve processes for our team to become more efficient - don’t just accept the status quo.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years managing a team of marketing analysts
- 7+ years of quantitative analysis with a particular focus on marketing strategies.
- 7+ years of SQL experience.
- 7+ years of experience analyzing A/B/n and multivariate experiments.
- 7+ years of data visualization experience in Looker, or any comparable BI tool.
- Strong grasp of statistics and statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience in Adobe Analytics or any comparable web analytics tool.
- Proven record of working closely with senior leadership.
- Experience working with large scale data sets of varying granularities.
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into actionable insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success.
- Preference for candidates with two-sided marketplace experience.
- Experience with a Marketing Mix Modeling/Multi-Touch Attribution partner is a plus
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $120,000 - $150,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world