We are looking for a Lifecycle Manager to join our fast-paced marketing team. The ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates scrappiness to get stuff done, tests new ideas, reports on what works/doesn’t work, and optimizes from there. The primary objective of the Lifecycle manager is to increase engagement and lifetime value of our customers while reducing churn.
If you are not a self-starter, have an inability execute under minimal supervision, can’t determine impact (positive or negative) from your projects, are scared to roll up your sleeves and build the future state of what Lifecycle and Email Marketing looks for our company, please don’t apply. There are other companies better suited for you.
Who are we looking for?
- A true self-starter who takes ownership over projects and isn’t afraid to step out of their comfort zone to get things done.
- Effectively prioritizes and meets/exceeds deadlines, ensuring completed work is error-free.
- Able to effectively communicate (both inside and outside of the organization) and defend opinions and decisions.
- A success-driven individual who has a willingness to learn fast, solve problems effectively and provide out-of-the-box ideas to help the company grow.
- Can handle multiple projects at once and can adapts well to shifting priorities.
- Is passionate about their objectives and a skillful project manager.
- B2B demand gen marketing with B2C-like communication skills.
- Follows best practices regarding subject lines, call-to-action, segmentation, lead scoring, CAN-SPAM, GDPR, sender score, A/B testing and all other aspects of email marketing.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Set the strategy for a well-rounded Lifecycle Marketing function that allows our company to accelerate our growth. Iterate on that strategy as we learn from successes and failures.
- Execute upon that strategy with a strong bias for action
- Measure and report on results from campaigns launched and tested. Learn from those results.
- Set SMART goals for all Lifecycle Marketing activities and ensure there is a tie-in to the larger company goals.
- Document and define best practices for what works/doesn’t work in Lifecycle Marketing for our company, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Partner with Product Marketing to promote and leverage new tools and features to reduce customer churn.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams as necessary.
- Work with other marketers in the team on integrated marketing campaigns.
- If necessary, hire, manage and fire external consultants and agencies.
- Continuously A/B test our marketing automation emails to ensure maximum ROI.
- Brainstorm, create and execute new marketing automation campaigns that align with our company’s objectives.
- Degree in marketing, business, or similar field
- 3-7 years relevant professional experience
- Skilled writer with excellent writing/editing capabilities and attention to detail
- Experience in marketing automation strategy
- Pardot and SalesForce proficiency a plus