Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
The Manager, External Communications manages external communications programs to maintain, protect, and enhance Ball Corporation’s reputation and brand, and drives media relations and public relations initiatives for the Company.This Manager will also improve the understanding and alignment of Company objectives, strategies and achievements, and drives communications initiatives for the Company
- Develops and executes communication plans to support commercial and product team, global business services, finance, IT, legal, sustainability team, community team, diversity & inclusion efforts, etc.
- Creates and produces media materials, curate content for speaking opportunities, manage production of brand and product videos, lead product and company announcements, manage and develop social media strategy, brand content and associated communication activities to support key company initiatives.
- Sets and leads earned/owned media course, including outreach plan creation, executive thought-leadership planning, drafting of key materials, event management, growth of contact network and effective pitching and training of spokespersons on media interviews, speeches and presentations.
- Actively participates in creating and managing writing and design resources; collaborates with regional communications staff members.
- Assists with external communications activities, including consumer, customer, community and media event planning and execution.
- Demonstrates writing excellence when crafting internal client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, social media and website content etc.
What we're looking for:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in communications, journalism, public relations
- Job-related experience for 7-9 year(s)
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of AP Style required
- Microsoft SharePoint, HTML, graphic design, photo editing and video production/editing
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans