Manager, Engagement Management
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world'sleading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authenticexperiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion forinnovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful.We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fastpaced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Manager, Engagement Management who plays acritical role in helping Marketo Professional Services (PS) achieve its revenuetargets. The Manager, Engagement Management will be responsible for maximizingthe Marketo PS Sales team's potential, crafting sales plans and justifying theplans to upper management. This role will require direct management of a groupof Engagement Managers of varied experience levels, who are primarily taskedwith ensuring the success of customer engagements as well the achievement ofrevenue goals for Marketo PS. Engagement Managers play an integral part of thesales cycle, working with our large customers and strategic partners tounderstand customer needs, design solutions to meet these requirements, andposition and sell the services that will help them succeed. Engagement Managersalso provides oversight and management of our largest and most strategic clientengagements, working with executive-level customers and partners. The Manger,Engagement Management is expected to be player coach, stepping in to the roleand fulfilling responsibilities of an Engagement Manager as required.
What will you do?
- Manage a team of Engagement Mangers with varied experience levels. Be responsible for their success and ensure they attain their sales numbers consistently quarter over quarter.
- Be proficient in Demand Generation, Marketing Automation, Marketo's business applications and services offerings. Apply this knowledge to Marketo customer business needs to design high value services engagements
- Support our Subscription Sales team with a focus on customer needs. Lead the development of templates for services proposals, statements of work, and contract negotiations
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly bookings targets for the team
- Manage executive level client relationships and provide team oversight during the delivery of services engagements
- Take ownership of practice development initiatives through the development and of service offerings, best practices, methodologies, and other intellectual capital
- Team effectively with other parts of the organization, including Customer Success Managers, Support and Product Management to address and resolve customer issues
- Participate in operational processes related to specific engagements, including staffing, utilization management, forecasting, time and expense management, and billing
- Collaborate with Marketo partners during the sales process and in delivering joint customer engagements
- Carry a team number
Is this you?
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
- Experience selling and/or delivering Marketing Strategy, CRM or Marketing Automation services, or experience with products and/or processes related to demand generation and lead management
- Excellent client management instincts and abilities, strong written and verbal communications, executive level presence and experience in facilitation.
- 2+ years' experience managing a services sales team
- 8+ years' experience delivering consulting services, including involvement in selling services
- Project management experience (SOWs, contract management, risk management, staffing)
- 4+ years P&L responsibilities related to specific projects
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is anequal opportunity employer