We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our fast-paced marketing team. The ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates scrappiness to get stuff done, tests new ideas, reports on what works/doesn’t work, and optimizes from there. The primary objective of the Content Marketing Manager is to create and distribute content that our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders actually want.
If you are not a self-starter, have an inability to execute under minimal supervision, can’t determine impact (positive or negative) from your projects, are scared to roll up your sleeves and build the future state of what demand generation looks for our company, please don’t apply.
Who are we looking for?
- A true self-starter who takes ownership over projects and isn’t afraid to step out of their comfort zone to get things done.
- Effectively prioritizes and meets/exceeds deadlines, ensuring completed work is error-free.
- Able to effectively communicate (both inside and outside of the organization) and defend opinions and decisions.
- A success-driven individual who has a willingness to learn fast, solve problems effectively and provide out-of-the-box ideas to help the company grow.
- Can handle multiple projects at once and can adapts well to shifting priorities.
- Is passionate about their objectives and a skillful project manager.
- B2B demand gen marketing with B2C-like communication skills.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Set the strategy for a well-rounded Content Marketing function that allows our company to accelerate our growth. Iterate on that strategy as we learn from successes and failures.
- Execute upon that strategy with a strong bias for action
- Measure and report on results from campaigns launched and tested. Learn from those results.
- Own the content and editorial calendar in a proactive manner.
- Set SMART goals for all Content Marketing activities and ensure there is a tie-in to the larger company goals.
- Document and define best practices for what works/doesn’t work in Content Marketing for our company, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Be a brand ambassador and iterate on our brand voice by segment to ensure maximum ROI.
- Partner with the various sales teams to ensure they are hitting their goals and amplify their effectiveness with demand generation tools.
- Partner with Product Marketing to promote and leverage new tools and features for demand generation campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams as necessary.
- Work with other marketers in the team on integrated marketing campaigns.
- Measurement and optimization of the Content Marketing program is a must.
- If necessary, hire, manage and fire external consultants and agencies. E.g. designers, writers, and other personnel.
- Degree in marketing, business, or similar field
- 3-7 years relevant professional experience
- Skilled writer with excellent editing capabilities and attention to detail
- SEO proficient or certified from a best-in-class organization
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)