Manager, Brand Digital & Social Content Strategist at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
The role will help support the overall vision of business and is responsible for the creation, management and implementation of day-to-day strategic social media and owned content initiatives. This role partners with core Ball business and creative teams that support the company to bring brand-enhancing work to market, across all social channels and stages of the customer journey
This individual should demonstrate experience working with other team leads, clients, and creatives to develop solutions through market intelligence and simple, meaningful consumer insights. Having a passion for the consumer/end user throughout the creative process and should have an appreciation for how to:
social media impacts the overall customer experience. (e.g. Commercial, Sustainability, B2B, and Policy Advocacy)
- Develops, implements and manages the Company’s social media, content, and creative communications programs:
- Articulates insights gleaned from social and conversational trends, artfully organizing information from observations to strategic implications and recommendations
- Develop creative briefs that inspire clients and creative teams alike to come up with idea development and implementation
- Build strategic messaging & communications frameworks designed to inform where and how a brand ideally connects with desired audience
- Build campaign and/or user journey to inform high-order campaign ecosystem, phasing & channel needs
- Works directly with business teams and partner groups, inspiring them to think about the opportunities for digital & social 'firsts' that wow relevant audiences, while ensuring their professional success
- Work collaboratively with creative & production teams to shape/customize creative executions based on platform knowledge and understanding (e.g. Everyone Can)
- Build out the Ball owned channels and target new followers by staying current on users, interactive trends, best practices, and digital experiences with an eye towards sustainability, aluminum awareness, brand advocacy, recycling, community impact.
- Managing editor of key communication channels. Fosters and maintains ongoing relationships with network of editorial
team members. Tracks channel activity.
- Creates and produces materials, speeches, videos, announcements, social media strategy and content and associated communication activities to support key initiatives.
- Assists with external communications activities, including customer, consumer, community and media event planning
- Develops and fosters relationships companywide and manages projects with colleagues at all levels and across all regions and businesses to achieve Company objectives.
- Crafts and manages social media global editorial calendar to ensure organized approach and cadence of communications.
- Manages budgets, agencies and suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective resource allocation to support the corporate communication function.
- Ensures consistency and unity in the brand messaging and demonstrates measurable impact on awareness,
understanding and behaviors.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college in communications, journalism, public relations
- 6+ years of experience at a social or digital agency, integrated marketing, or communications firm
- A passion for social media, from both a branding and cultural perspective
- Material experience in planning creative social campaigns, implementing always on social content strategies and distribution approach.
- A background in advertising, digital strategy, research, and/or creative strategy, this individual should be adept at identifying relevant cultural trends that Ball and our partners (KSE, Commercial, NGO’s) can tap into.
- They must have a demonstrated ability to develop the campaign infrastructure and distribution strategies required to ensure the success of a creative idea (e.g. campaign roll out, channel plans, message mapping, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process
- Ability to grow Ball’s ability to accurately interpret performance analytics to then drive optimization recommendations (immediate and longer term)
- Ability to partner with business functions; develop and execute communication plans to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and direct simultaneous projects.
- Possess confidence, consultant’s mindset and ability to work independently as well as in team dynamic
- Understanding of best practices across social channels (established and emerging)
- Understanding of earned media and ideas that generate headlines; experience working on campaigns that generate headlines
- Inclusion marketing experience a plus
- Knowledge of influencers/ tastemakers is a plus
- Strong understanding of how to deliver global marketing programs, sensitive to regional nuances and global trends
- Proven experience in delivering effective digital/social campaigns for large, well-known brands
- Experience working collaboratively across partners, associated agencies, and internal businesses
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans