Lifecycle Marketing Manager - International
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-centric International Lifecycle Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the strategic development of our customer engagement and retention initiatives. The candidate will spearhead efforts to increase personalization to drive customer loyalty, strategically bolster existing customer experiences, and implement initiatives that build habit formation and foster deliberate customer behaviors that marry both emotional and transactional aspects of the customer’s profile.
As the International Lifecycle Marketing Manager you will play a key role in shaping Sling’s engagement strategy with a focus on increasing lifetime value and reducing churn through customized and powerful marketing efforts at every stage of the user lifecycle. If you love using data to drive high-impact projects, this role is for you. The role will offer a unique opportunity to build programs from the ground up and develop strategies that will help shape the future of our fast-growing business.
You will optimize and create impactful retention programs by supporting a well-defined overarching lifecycle marketing strategic initiative/goal that include offers, content, and customer segmentation components. You will develop a deep understanding of the Sling International’s customers’ journeys to develop programs that increase retention and revenue per user, while simultaneously reducing churn. This role will also develop, manage and execute testing initiatives to increase customer engagement and retention by leveraging our customer database; improve segmentation strategies through extensive customer insight analyses; monitor and capture customer migration across segmentation to inform future strategies. Looking for someone who can lead complex initiatives in a matrixed environment to drive flawless, on-time execution, and who can work closely with Engineering, UI/UX, Dev, PMO & Ops teams to define logic of lifecycle marketing platforms such that visitor actions tie to an increased lifecycle of the customer.
You will identify opportunities in the customer experience to develop robust, data-driven strategies to drive deeper brand engagement and revenue. Ideal candidates are strategic thinkers, problem solvers, experienced project managers and communicators who are highly focused on building meaningful and positive relationships. Understanding of digital behavior and culture among expats and immigrants in the U.S. is a huge plus! Must have the ability to manage and deliver project requirements and delivery milestones; have strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster, and have excellent writing and communication skills; strong attention to detail; international culture & business passion is a plus.
- End-to-end management of retention campaigns, initiatives and offers, including developing the strategy, partnering with key stakeholders, developing creatives and assets, in cooperation with the brand team, tracking, reporting results and ongoing optimization.
- Work well across different departments to be a vocal voice for the existing customer and coordinates all retention initiative logistics for timely execution by connecting with internal business partners and external vendors.
- Develop Lifecycle KPIs; communicate key strategies, insights and results to senior management; develop and manage tools to measure and forecast churn, retention, and subscription conversion performance along with the analytics team; Manage and report all stages and platforms across Lifecycle Marketing.
- Deep expertise across all communication channels including: email, push notifications, SMS and in-app notifications.
- Define and support the evolution of our lifecycle marketing programs and communications strategy and help drive customer awareness for new content, upcoming launches and any other relevant communications through personalization.
- Responsible for ensuring proper tracking across lifecycle marketing platforms; stay up-to-date on lifecycle digital marketing trends; lead innovation and development of lifecycle marketing.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field a plus; a minimum 5 years lifecycle marketing experience; 3+ year people management experience.
- Deep experience in conversion optimization, A/B testing, lifecycle marketing, and proficient in MS Excel.
- Effectively manage projects with strong organizational and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Must be data driven, demonstrating the ability to understand key performance drivers and ability to execute against findings
- Thrilled with challenges, unknowns and the opportunity to optimize and build programs
- Must love mentoring and guiding others.