- Develop and execute a strategy and best practices for internal communications, and plans for various big-lift internal teams such as People Experience (HR), Marketing, and IT, and one-off projects for other teams
- Oversee small team of internal communications professionals with varying degrees of experience, mentoring them as they manage their business partners, projects, and workloads
- Work directly with senior executives to align programs to company goals and initiatives
- Conduct regular meetings with key business partners to learn about new projects, initiatives, events, and programs across supported departments - build tight, trusting relationships with these partners to enhance these interactions and workflows
- Once requirements have been gathered, execute (plan, write, and deliver) timely communications to Zoom employees (Zoomies)
- Provide communications guidance and share best practices with stakeholders as needed
- Anticipate employees' questions and concerns and proactively address in communications planning
- Deploy and manage (resources dependent) tools such as intranet and email marketing automation system
- Own company-wide announcements and communications channels such as bi-weekly All Hands meetings and company chat (direct messaging) channels
- Provide hands-on support for employee-facing events, including fireside chats between executives and customers
- 10+ years communications experience, with significant (7+ years) direct experience in -- and a passion for -- communicating to an internal employee audience (i.e.: we are not looking for a PR professional who wants to make the switch to internal comms)
- Strong preference for experience in technology companies and large enterprises (over 5,000 employees), and companies navigating orgs with high growth or significant changes
- 3+ years experience managing teams
- 5+ years experience driving global communications
- Experience working with C-suite executives and managing stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing a team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including engaging formal presentation skills (please send portfolio)
- Able to communicate effectively across different channels (email, instant message, All Hands, digital signage)
- Highly adaptable - able to reprioritize and galvanize resources and attention around frequently evolving activities in a very fast-paced environment
- Resilient - and able to deal with high-pressure situations and take constructive feedback
- Able to take initiative and be solutions oriented
- Willingness to quickly become a subject matter expert on the Zoom platform - particularly Zoom chat, Zoom Events/Webinars
- Experience with graphic design and/or video production a plus (please send portfolio)
- Continuous learning mentality
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram