Internal Communications Associate at Guild Education
Guild is hiring an Internal Communications Associate. This individual will play an important role in the planning and execution of Guild’s internal communications strategy.
Guild has grown rapidly, nearly doubling in size in the first six months of 2020. Concurrently, the organization transitioned from 100% of employees operating within one physical office location to a multi-site organization that includes office hubs in four time zones and employees operating remotely in an additional 15+ states. This massive shift requires the organization to define and implement an internal communications strategy that allows us to inform, connect, engage, and inspire employees in new ways and execute accurately and efficiently.
The Internal Communications Associate will report to the special projects lead, and help expand the capacity and capabilities of the small internal communications team, owning key communication channels such as The Guild Newsletter and Slack channels, as well as helping to drive forward major projects such as a Guild intranet.
As Internal Communications Associate, you will:
- Work closely with stakeholders across the company to plan, create, and deliver messages that convey changes, updates, and perspectives on a variety of topics.
- Write and produce content for a variety of audiences and mediums, such as newsletters, emails, and live presentations, including talking points, concise narrative, interview, informational, and technical instructions.
- Act as a liaison and support communication across a variety of teams and mediums to ensure consistency, repetition, and reinforcement of messaging.
- Support cross-functional communications initiatives with teams including but not limited to the people team, business operations, IT, workplace operations, and external communications.
- Help define what success looks like for internal communication, including establishing metrics, tracking progress toward goals, and incorporating feedback into strategy to enable continuous improvement.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
Most Critical Skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- 1+ years prior experience in marketing or communications
- Journalistic ability to source stories from employees and craft using consistent tone
- to a variety of audiences.
- Adept at managing competing and evolving priorities
- Strong presenter and public speaker
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Familiarity with communication and project management tools, including Slack, Mailchimp, Asana
- Team player: always ready to help, flexible, constructive, supportive of others
- Learner’s mindset: Excitement to learn and continuously expand your knowledge
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education
- Understanding of how to contextualize an organization’s diverse goals and work product for employees through effective storytelling and other communication methods
Strongly Preferred Skills
- Experience using video as a tool for storytelling and communication
- Experience with internal communications campaigns with proven, measurable results.
- Design proficiency to deliver polished, branded communications
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.