Ibotta is seeking an Integrated Marketing Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Strategically lead the integrated marketing work stream as a component of the overall Growth Marketing function
- Create synergy across multiple functions including Brand, Client Marketing, Product, Analytics, Engineering, and Care teams to build and scale campaigns that drive results
- Own the creative vision, messaging strategy, segmentation approach, and end to end user experience for integrated marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives
- Define clear goals and objectives for campaigns, and outline the tactics needed to achieve them
- Partner with Analytics to size opportunities and prioritize the ones that will deliver material impact
- Pitch high-impact ideas to senior leadership to get organizational buy-in on strategy
- Deputize for and support the Head of Lifecycle on strategy, decisions, and projects
- Build strong relationships with teams across the organization to help push large-scale campaigns forward
- Champion integrated marketing planning, execution, and innovation processes throughout the entire organization to help build strong foundations for future projects
- Manage a large budget, as needed, and provide forecasting and budgeting recommendation
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with focus in business, marketing, advertising, economics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing growth strategy in a B2C space
- Creative thinker with the ability to think big to move the needle for the business
- Intimate understanding of performance marketing and analytics, ideally at growth stage companies or on high-growth lines of business
- Deep understanding of user economics and how they impact business growth and performance
- Experience creating compelling consumer-facing communications
- An advocate for exceptional user experiences
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Braze, Iterable, Klaviyo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar solutions.
- Ability to interpret large datasets and analyses and derive insights that can be leveraged to inform campaign strategy
- Excels in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- Energetic, self-starter, and a team player
- Strong time-management, problem-solving, and prioritization skills with an ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and spoken
- Experience managing large budgets
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $73,000 - $85,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.