Head of US Marketing
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for a head of Clinician Marketing to help establish Invitae as the leader in genetics across all stages of life. The ideal teammate has experience building, launching and/or transforming health care brands, developing go-to-market commercial strategy, as well as growing and mentoring a marketing team and organization. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving our goals. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information.
You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You thrive leading in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and support the US Clinician marketing team; help to prioritize areas of focus, determine resource needs, and drive towards execution based on impact and quality versus quantity
- Define and execute the marketing vision and strategy for driving adoption and expansion of Invitae’s clinical offerings and services
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders including sales, legal/regulatory, medical affairs and product/development to execute in support of shared objectives
- Own and execute Invitae’s brand awareness initiatives to grow awareness and understanding of genetic testing and ultimately category creation among new audiences.
- Identify and prioritize market opportunities and spearhead cross-functional thought leadership efforts that drive understanding and adoption of testing among a broad universe of clinicians and patients
- Own and direct the overall marketing funnel from awareness through retention, based on performance, learning, experience and research, in partnership with all internal stakeholders; ultimately representing the voice of the customer
- Collaborate with and support team leads to execute go-to-market strategies, including brand/product positioning, messaging, competitive intelligence while contributing to sales and partner enablement activities
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators; monitor, track and adapt as needed
- Direct and lead existing agency partnerships and own the RFP process for future agency partners
- Maintain a deliberate, calm and thoughtful approach to everything you do while embracing a sense of urgency
What you’ll bring:
- 15 years experience in marketing with a healthcare background strongly desired
- Proven growth track record
- Deep experience building and executing multichannel marketing plans
- Curiosity, humility and an interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan and execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.