The Head of Public Relations provides leadership and direction in creating comprehensive public relations and communications strategies to advance the company's vision and goals among internal and external audiences. This includes: public relations, traditional and non-traditional media relations, internal communications, event planning, community/giving programming, and social media initiative development, as well as performing as company spokesperson, when needed.
What you will be doing:
- Work with executive management team and cross functional leaders to establish overall public relations and external communications strategies for the company.
- Concept and implement public relations and promotional programs to strengthen the Ibotta brand and support the company ́s growth oriented business goals.
- Develop story angles, thought leadership content, and programs that will maximum media exposure in both traditional and non-traditional media outlets, across core and emerging businesses
- Manage resources to ensure maximum exposure and cost efficiency in all communications efforts including service vendors, agencies and staff resources.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners, including HR, Social, Business Development and Community teams, among many others to build and deploy strategic messaging programs.
- Oversee internal communications and foster development of proactive and comprehensive communications programs between leadership team and team members.
- Create and direct responses for any issue or crisis, including emergency response communication strategies and implementation plans.
- Oversee strategic event planning, including executive speech/presentation materials, visual presentation to ensure photo opportunity, press relations, scheduling, and key stakeholder wrangling.
- Own the agency evaluation and review process as needed to determine the appropriate partner(s) to drive maximum exposure, thought leadership, and brand positioning effectiveness
- Ensure consistent and appropriate use of the company name and likeness in media commentary, press releases, promotions, partnerships and internal communications.
- Continually research and react expeditiously to internal/external communications needs, providing constant and candid feedback to the Executive Team and HR about potential issues, threats and opportunities.
- Plan, manage and prepare the department's budget.
What we are looking for:
- Technical skills: journalist writing style (AP) knowledge. Ability to leverage data to develop content and evaluate the effectiveness of programs. Work processing, spreadsheet applications, presentation software and Internet proficiency. Desktop publishing software knowledge
- 8-10+ years of communications/marketing experience. Previous experience in the Tech, FinTech, or Payments space preferred
- B.A. in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- Prior media spokesperson experience is preferred
- Proven leadership ability in building and developing a cohesive team
- Demonstrated excellence in both verbal and written communications is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, summarizing abilities, prioritizing skills and developed interpersonal skills are essential.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment, with an ability to work under pressure
- Ability to leverage both traditional and non-traditional media opportunities
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $120,000-$145,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component in addition to base compensation
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.