Who we are.
We are a small and passionate team working to eliminate inefficiency and financial waste in the world of healthcare staffing. We're transparent. We're nimble. We're always learning. And we're having a ton of fun along the way.
Why we're here.
Kamana was born out of the personal frustration one of our founders experienced throughout his nursing career. Having spent more than a decade working in dozens of hospitals across the country, John witnessed first-hand how repetitive processes and inefficient technology results in missed opportunities and financial waste for him and his employers.
What we do.
We build customer-centric, feedback-driven software for the healthcare staffing industry. Currently focused on travel nursing and allied health, we enable healthcare workers to manage their credentials and careers from a single place, and staffing agencies to hire and collaborate with the workforce far more efficiently.
Who you are.
Are you an experienced B2B/B2C SaaS marketer who is passionate about solving real problems for real people? We want to meet you!
You have a growth mindset, you own your work, and you seek continuous learning in everything you do. You are experimental. You are analytical. And you have a bias for action over planning. You are capable and willing to be held accountable for growth.
What you'll do.
As the first member of our marketing team, you'll play an instrumental role in defining our product marketing strategy and executing the tactics that will accelerate our growth.
Our founding team has gained a good sense of what resonates with our target audience, building a respectable user base along the way. We're now looking for someone to expand upon and own these efforts to help us scale.
You'll help create and execute the content and strategy that will help establish Kamana as the new standard in credentialing and compliance across the healthcare staffing industry.
While you'll have access to support resources from unique partnerships we hold, you'll need to be comfortable working independently and wearing many hats early on. You'll do things like:
- Gain a deep understanding of our product, users, and market - then define the positioning and messaging that best resonates with our target audience.
- Write and edit copy for our website, emails, blog, social, campaigns, etc - ensuring all content is engaging, easily digestible and meets the highest possible standards for SEO.
- Own all aspects of our social media channels.
- Plan, execute, analyze, and iterate paid digital marketing campaigns at a rapid pace.
- Create and leverage landing page content to turns visitors into users & customers.
- Work alongside our founders, product, and customer success teams to define product requirements and communication strategy, and market the release of new features.
What you've done before.
You have something like four to five years of experience creating and executing marketing strategies and tactics for B2B and B2C SaaS products. During this time you've:
- Ideally been on the ground floor of a software startup - you understand what the journey looks like and have the desire to repeat it.
- Planned and managed a marketing budget, then personally executed paid advertising campaigns across multiple digital platforms.
- Created copy and content for multiple channels and developed a solid understanding of SEO.
- Managed cross-functional teams and initiatives, utilizing agency and/or internal resources.
- Kept up with latest tools, technologies, and trends and maintained a strong knowledge of applying best practices for digital, content, and social media marketing.
It'd be cool if you've done this.
Experience writing copy for product guides, blank slates, and in-app/email/text notifications. We leverage tools like these to educate and drive action across our user base. Knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would be amazing, but is in no way required.
How we work.
Kamana is a remote-first team. We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Geekbot to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
You can typically find us in Richmond (VA), Denver (CO), Jacksonville (FL), Rochester (NY), or Omaha (NE). Prior to COVID-times we used to meet up on occasion for face-to-face collaboration, which we'll plan to resume when the world allows it.
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.
Compensation & benefits.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that spans medical, financial, and quality of life benefits. Think medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K with company match, a flexible schedule and paid time off policy, paid vacations, the tools you'll need to be successful, and the flexibility you'll need to put your health and family first.