Head of Product Marketing (Remote) at Respondent
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:33 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and user researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft and many more trust and integrate us into their research processes.
We are a small, quickly growing, fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now, everyone works in a continental US Time Zone). All of our employees have areas of expertise as well as a wide breadth of knowledge in their domains. This blog post shares more insight into how we work successfully as a distributed team.
As first Marketing hire at Respondent you will focus on:
- Customer Segmentation and Analysis: Ability to effectively research and segment different types of potential customers for Respondent, assess the market size of each and drive consensus across the organization as to which customers to prioritize first.
- Storytelling: Ability to create a narrative around Respondent’s value prop and vision, and to span messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation.
- Go to market planning: Helps define the strategy, goals and measurement methods for cohesive cross- functional plans that enable winning execution for customer acquisition, engagement, upsell and retention.
- Market feedback and iteration: Ability and comfort taking messaging to the market and understanding how to iterate, test, and use this feedback to help inform product decisions.
- Public Product Expert: Be a product spokesperson with ability to provide the product team with customer feedback and speak to customers directly about the product as well.
- Building and growing an organization: Should have experience working cross-functionally and across marketing. That includes laying a foundation for different functions of marketing including growth, content, and brand design.
- Creativity: Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact team that drives growth across the company and is creative about how to achieve this goal
- Scale: Ability to hit the ground running, while being able to build, and scale a team for the future. Possess exceptional ability to work cross functionally with sales, product and executive leadership.
- Leadership: Track record of hiring and developing strong talent; “leads from the front”, with deep knowledge of operational details, project management process, and a willingness to get hands dirty.
- Bias towards action: Ability to think beyond traditional resources to grow your team in order to expand the business and meet growing demand.
- Expertise in enterprise product marketing; familiarity with many aspects of marketing including content marketing, sales enablement, and growth.
- Proficiency in and exposure to Growth Marketing. This does not need to be your core skill set or experience but should be something you’ve been involved in and are willing to dive into.
- Analytical skills that can aid the product and sales teams to make data-driven feature and prioritization decisions
- Strong messaging skills. Ability to create or edit content at an expert level.
- Comfortable engaging with press and industry analysts
- Experience hiring and working with contractors
- Track record of hiring and leading top product talent
- MBA is a nice-to-have
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental US Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
- Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k (not matching) for US-based employees
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last two were in New Orleans and San Antonio!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.
Read Full Job Description