Head of Marketing Operations at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We are looking for a Head of Marketing Operations to support our marketing team and our fast growth. This role is a key role within the marketing team and this person will own the entire marketing operations strategy for HotelEngine.
This individual must be highly motivated with great experience in building tech stacks for leading tech companies, be a pro at automation and be extremely KPI driven. You will support the overall customer acquisition strategy and help drive strong demand for our hotel booking services to reach our revenue goals. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with fast tech stack implementation and automation, revenue growth, a superstar at tracking performance, and have strong bias to action we want to talk to you 😉
Here's what you'll do:
- Lead the marketing operations function, building and supporting the marketing technology stack to accelerate Hotel Engine's fast growth
- Support the execution of the marketing plan aligned with company objectives
- Create the right marketing operations framework and KPIs to monitor marketing’s effectiveness
- Define goals and KPIs for overall marketing programs with VP of Marketing
- Build the attribution model for the marketing organization and help clearly define the marketing impact on the growth of the company
- Select, implement and monitor the right marketing tools for automation and scale
- Support the marketing team to execute digital marketing programs to support sales to reach revenue goals and exceed company targets
- Build automated tools for demand generation (ROI calculators, product videos...)
- Support SDR and Sales teams with weekly targeted cadences and lists for outreach
- Manage list scraping from various websites and platforms
- Develop and maintain a high-quality database through data enrichment, lead scoring and segmentation
- Continuously support and drive improvement of our entire suite of digital channels for the company: Paid Media/Social, Email Marketing, SEO, Website, etc...to drive a high volume of quality inbound leads
- Monitor existing channels and recommend new channels to drive fast new customer growth
- Develop and implement A/B/n tests at a rapid pace
- Track, measure, and analyze campaign performance to constantly improve overall program effectiveness and increase the impact of marketing on revenue and profitability
- Manage the marketing operations budget and oversee outside agencies/contractors as needed
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately.
- Report to the VP Marketing
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, comms, related field or equivalent experience
- Marketing operations expert with at least 5-7 years' experience in supporting a fast-paced tech marketing organization
- Expert in building a full stack of tools that integrate with each other and that are automated to accelerate marketing’s delivery and efficiency
- Expertise in attribution models to monitor marketing’s impact on the business
- Growth hacking mindset and ability to quickly create tools for demand generation
- Very good knowledge of website management tools, SEO and core web KPIs
- Proven expertise in supporting overachieving demand generation goals and accelerating revenue growth
- Expert in marketing automation solutions (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot...) and Salesforce.com
- Strong experience with the following tools/apps: CDPs, Zapier, Slack, Clearbit, Metadata, Chatbots, Bombora, ZoomInfo, Outreach/Salesloft, Google Analytics, Adwords, SEM Rush, Hotjar, AB Tasty, HTML and content management systems (Webflow, Wordpress...)
- Strong experience on program effectiveness and ROI measurement
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver
- Solid team player, we achieve more as a team!
- Ability to legally work in the US (sponsorship not available).
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications.
- The total cash compensation for this role is $140,000-$160,0000/year with an annual bonus target of up to 15%. Overall Total Earning potential including the bonus is $161,000-$184,000 plus stock options. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.