Head of Customer Acquisition - Orchestrated Energy
Head of Customer Acquisition – OE
Orchestrated Energy is changing the way utilities approach delivering energy to their customers - especially during the hottest days of the year - when their cost to serve energy can skyrocket. We have the best performing software on the planet in this space, and are ready to scale orders of magnitude beyond where we currently are.
With Orchestrated Energy, Tendril controls Wi-Fi-enabled devices, like smart thermostats, through our cloud-based analytics platform and dispatches HVAC at the optimal time to reduce load. By utilizing the home’s thermal mass like a battery, it helps utilities solve numerous problems around demand reduction and energy efficiency, while also keeping customers comfortable in their homes. Smart thermostats are just the beginning though, with the proliferation of IoT connected devices, Orchestrated Energy is uniquely positioned to co-optimize hugely valuable loads across a host of devices.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing and Customer Acquisition Professional to enhance our end-user customer acquisition process. This role is the last piece of the Orchestrated Energy puzzle - we have the technology, and we need someone bring us the customers to take Orchestrated Energy to the next level. We are looking for someone to help us reimagine the way we get customers enrolled in Orchestrated Energy, so that we can continue to make a meaningful impact in helping utilities and consumers save energy.
What you’ll do:
As part of Tendril’s Orchestrated Energy team, you will own the strategy execution, and results of our customer acquisition campaigns. You will:
- Define, deliver, and adjust the end-user customer acquisition strategy for Orchestrated Energy.
- Design customer acquisition campaigns - both digital and traditional - that acquire tens of thousands of customers to our Utility Orchestrated Energy programs.
- Execute acquisition strategy, leveraging and working closely with Tendril’s customer experience and marketing groups, as well as our strategic implementation partners, to oversee execution of the acquisition efforts.
- Lead customer acquisition efforts with our Utility partners’ marketing teams
- Work closely with product management toHave a heavy influence in customer retention strategies once customers are enrolled in the program
- Define customer acquisition reporting requirements, and be accountable for the results of the customer acquisition campaigns.
- Define and manage to a budget that balances rapid adoption and low CAC.
What You Bring to Tendril
- Demonstrated experience defining and leading consumer acquisition efforts for a SaaS product-line. Ideal candidates will have the chops to define a market-leading strategy, and will be close enough to the action to play any part on the team.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience required
- Proven results of successful B2C customer acquisition campaigns, that have acquired hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of customers
- Ideally, you have a deep understanding of the energy industry - bonus points if you’ve led customer acquisition efforts for a retail energy provider or energy services provider.
- The ability to work closely with Tendril’s Account Management and utility marketing teams to execute your strategy effectively.
- Expertise interacting and communicating with various levels within an organization - from individual contributors to the Executive team.
- You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, and think disruptively.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- Full reimbursement of bus and light rail passes;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.