Head of Brand Management at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Head of Brand Management
The Head of Brand Management will work closely with cross functional leaders to develop and drive brand architecture, brand strategies, positioning/naming, and terminology programs. This person will shape and guide brand marketing efforts and identify new branding opportunities for assigned products, product lines, lines of business, or on a company-wide campaign basis. You’ll have a deep understanding of our customers and use those insights to inform our brand real-estate: company point of view, brand campaign and creative strategy, brand voice and identity, and naming architecture. This person develops marketing materials to establish product branding and implements product education, publication and other promotional activities to communicate product positioning to customers.
You are: Strategic. Creative. Analytical. An Influencer and Advocate. Dynamic. Data-driven. You are a strategic thinker at your core, and a fearless leader who can bring the best out of teams and business partners. You are someone who can engage with executives at a high level and at the same time coach your team in juggling multiple project streams while continually thinking about the details. You know how to push without being pushy and you thrive in complex environments. You can clearly envision a path to completion and manage to it while staying on target. You’re the brand ambassador, the brand police, and the brand champion, working across multiple departments, orgs, and offices, keeping a finger on the pulse of the business, and ensuring brand consistency and continuity in how we market the business. And most of all, you enjoy working with talented and driven people in a fast-paced environment that will challenge you to reach the next level.
- Act as chief ambassador for the NetApp brand identity and architecture including all the key brand elements: voice & tone, visual & expression, messaging platform and naming
- Leverage and influence customer and market research to develop brand insights
- Design and drive research-based guidelines and naming architecture programs
- Assess the landscape and develop a deeper understanding of industry and business category
- Minimum of 8 years brand marketing experience with demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs
- Be an impactful storyteller - comfortable in any arena evangelizing our brand mission
- Have a wealth of understanding of the trends shaping customer behavior
- Have the energy and capability to build enthusiasm and love of our Brand so employees want to ensure it is consistent and compelling
- Possess the ability to simplify research and strategic thinking
- Be comfortable giving creative feedback as well as interpreting insight from data
- Have a natural ability to apply creative thinking to business problems
- Proven to be capable of guiding and nurturing creative work that meets business briefs
- Have an attention to detail, very high-quality standards and principles when it comes to brand integrity and acting against insights
- Be a seasoned collaborator with the ability to operate cross functionally
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/presentation skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal and external teams
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.