Growth Marketing Manager
About the job
As a Growth Marketing Manager, you’ll sit at the intersection of marketing, sales, and business operations, and you’ll play a critical role in revamping the way we communicate with both publishers and advertisers. Your responsibilities will include driving the strategy, development, enhancement, and execution of lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns. You’ll be a thought partner and trusted stakeholder to functional leads and business partners across Product, Sales, and Finance to set and exceed aggressive growth targets. Ideally, you have a combination of marketing automation experience, product management, and project management skills.
About the team
As a member of the Marketing team, you will be on a small but growing team responsible for managing and growing Sovrn’s marketing presence. We love to collaborate, be hands on, but also think of what is possible. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data presentation to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products
- Identifying growth opportunities and executing on projects to drive growth and engagement
- Partnering with cross-functional leadership and teams (particularly Sales) to ensure marketing goals are met
- Driving the alignment between Sales and Marketing. You’ll guide initiatives and processes that support lead management, improved lead quality, enhanced data quality, and data reporting
- Managing all marketing operations, using tech such as Marketo, Pardot, SFDC, Drift, and others
- Getting into the weeds with initiatives focused on: lead scoring, nurture flow, lead velocity, campaign tracking, database health, targeting and segmentation plans, and alignment with sales operations
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on how marketing contributes to pipelines, program ROI, customer acquisition and expansion, and contact lifecycle
- Working to create and define metrics and dashboards that measure the performance of the Marketing and Sales teams
- Driving our marketing database strategy by analyzing gaps in our data, guiding contact acquisition strategy, developing and enforcing practices that ensure data quality, and measuring database health
- Driving the pipeline planning, budgeting, forecasting, and ROI processes
You learn like it’s your job—because it is. You ask questions, and you don’t settle for unsatisfying answers. When you come across a problem, you devise a solution, and then you start working on a back-up solution that anticipates future problems. You’re comfortable collaborating with—and seeking out—everyone from graphic designers to data engineers, because you know that there’s insight to be found everywhere. Above all, you’re not afraid to take responsibility for guiding your projects from start to finish.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in email automation and demand generation
- A deep understanding of CRM strategy and management, with strong interest in how it works under the hood (e.g. tracking, marketing tech stack, tooling)
- A broad background in growth and automation, including across email automation and SEO and SEM strategy
- A firm grasp of—and healthy respect for—user engagement
- A results-driven marketing background with proven quantitative and analytical skills
- High-level Excel skills (including, but not limited to, functions, pivots, etc.)
- The ability to be highly proactive and independent, as well as the initiative to improve existing programs and processes
- The desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and the ability to work with anyone in any department
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- A strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
Good to have:
- Understanding of programmatic advertising
- Google Analytics
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in silos – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t