General Manager - Sling Digital Marketing at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the pioneer and leader in live TV streaming, SlingTV sits at the heart of the fast-paced and constantly evolving streaming wars. As such it presents a set of cutting edge marketing opportunities where the competition is fierce, loyalty is low and switching costs to another service are almost non-existent. The General Manager, Sling Digital Marketing will oversee a team of approximately 6-8 people who own digital marketing channels and tactics and will need to have their finger on the pulse of Sling’s target audiences at all times. Given the pace of this rapidly moving digital landscape, this person will need to have extensive direct to consumer digital marketing experience appealing to digitally engaged users who have already cut the cord or are seriously considering it. This person will in all likelihood be a digital native with a high sense of ownership and accountability, excellent communication and analytical skills, and a keen understanding of online brand building.
The General Manager, Sling Digital Marketing will be located in Denver CO and will report to the VP, Digital Marketing.
- Own Sling’s digital hyper-growth through short-term and long-term tactics to reach Sling’s aggressive gross adds and profitability targets
- Develop, plan, implement and optimize the Sling growth plan for digital adds, gaining close alignment with the Sling VP Marketing, Sling Director of Acquisition, and other key stakeholders
- Effectively communicate Sling’s digital priorities to cross-functional teams (e.g. product, creative, analytics, finance) to ensure they are aligned and motivated to achieve in accordance with digital best practices
- Establish and grow key vendor relationships (e.g. Google, Amazon, Facebook, agencies) while forming and/or evaluating business cases for new potential partnerships to ensure Sling remains on the forefront of audience opportunities
- Develop a keen understanding of Sling’s profitable customer profiles and how to effectively acquire them via digital tactics
- Identify, initiate, and optimize new marketing tests beyond business-as-usual tactics
- Provide positive and effective leadership to the team, instilling a culture of rapid testing and optimization and a drive to achieve
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful General Manager, Sling Digital Marketing will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- At least 7 years of experience in direct-to-consumer marketing, at agency or company level
- At least 3 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to think strategically as well as analytically
- Entrepreneurial DNA and track record driving hyper-growth
- Deep understanding of audience targeting, mobile and social platforms & media optimization
- Detail-oriented and self-starter with high level of urgency and ownership
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Experience influencing executive stakeholders
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Leadership by example, with an ability to motivate and inspire while creating a positive work environment for all