Field Marketing Manager at Matillion
Create a Community Marketing Strategy
- Participate in planning, execution, and tracking of community-based event programs in order to expand Matillion’s presence in-territory, generate leads, and build pipeline.
- Research and align Matillion participation to existing and relevant user groups, meetups, and other community-oriented activities that align with our go-to-market strategy, account-based marketing campaigns, and regional focus.
- Create and maintain a community event calendar and propose plans for events and digital tactics, including timelines, venues, vendors, staffing, and budgets.
- Collect input and feedback from sales, alliances, developer evangelists, and other internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities and help achieve field team goals.
Manage Event & Campaign Execution
- Manage the user group and meetup calendar for Tier 1 and 2 target cities based on target personas, regional account plans, key accounts, and other factors.
- Successfully own and deliver repeatable execution and management of events including speaker preparation, swag, and giveaways, sales enablement, scheduling, internal attendance, collateral, shipping, etc.
- Manage Matillion’s “Data To Go” user group series and align to customer speakers, partners, and other key relationships in the territory.
- Manage digital assets for promotion and follow-up, as well as ensure AEs and SDRs are driving registration, attendance, and follow-up conversations in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing proposals and submitting Matillion speakers for sessions at relevant meetups.
Measure & Optimize
- Evaluate event performance and impact to the pipeline through post-mortem meetings and closed-loop lead and ROI tracking to deliver wrap-up reports.
- Manage budget, evaluate results against KPIs and generate recommendations for improvement.
- Review and optimize event follow-up programs to offer the most relevant content aligned to deliver results.
Collaboration & Communication
- Provide guidance and clear communication between sales, marketing, solutions architects, and product to drive late-stage pipeline and expand footprint with existing or target enterprise customers.
- Oversee assigned vendor relationships ensuring a high level of quality and output; onboard new and/or consolidate vendors as needed.
- Maintain transparent and ongoing communication with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and execution.
- Help manage and maintain speaker engagement and broader events calendar for company-wide visibility.
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- 4+ years of event marketing, user group management, or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Events, Communications or related field.
- Knowledge of best practices in B2B event management.
- Proven experience creating targeted event experiences aligned with goals.
- Metrics-driven approach to virtual and in-person events and experience aligning those metrics to the go-to-market funnel.
- Amazing communicator with a knack for organizing and executing the details.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external teams.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and resourcefulness.
- B2B technology marketing experience a plus
- Experience working with Marketo, Salesforce.com, and other marketing technologies.
- Marketing certifications a plus.