Field Marketing & Events Manager
As the Field Marketing & Events Manager, you help drive brand awareness for GHX in the healthcare market and ensure events are a successful part of our lead generation and customer engagement strategy. You have the highest standards for the planning, implementation, and execution of a wide array of events, including field marketing events, conferences, trade shows, and internal company events. You are responsible for the entire event lifecycle, including ideation, budgeting, coordination, operations, delivery, and reporting the impact and ROI for each event. The role involves heavy cross-functional collaboration with the executive, sales, client services, and greater marketing teams to ensure we present GHX as a market leader through consistent execution of world-class events.
- Provide information and guidance to marketing leadership and product marketing teams to help facilitate strategic decisions as to which events to invest in and at what level,to further GHX market awareness, lead generation and other communication goals, across the various GHX product portfolios.
- Develop broad awareness and expertise around industry events that reach various healthcare target audiences including C-suite, supply chain leaders, as well as clinical and financial decision makers and influencersthat align with GHX product portfolios.
- Be the single point of contact for collecting event suggestions and nominations from field sales, marketing and others and performing initial assessment to inform your recommendation to marketing leadership.
- Plan and execute high-impact events and field marketing activities in support of company objectives. This includes trade shows, sales meetings, the annual GHX customer event and a variety of other programs, such as internal & external facing conferences, customer programs and employee events.
- Plan and execute sales meetings in the field, for example: user groups, major account meetings, executive workshops/forums.
- Recommend, develop and manage add-on dinners and other off-site gatherings as appropriate to maximize the opportunity of having multiple customers gathered.
- Manage events calendar and overall eventforecast and budget, ensuring each event is executed at or below budget.
- Develop and own a comprehensive Event Planning and Execution Template.
- Source, negotiate, and manage all venues and vendors as required for all events.
- Lead group of stakeholders including demand generation, marketing operations, product marketing, and sales in the planning and flawless execution of events.
- Make recommendations regarding appropriate staffing of activities and events by field sales, product marketing, product management, and other subject matter experts.
- Collaborate and work closely with demand generation personnel to ensure “one voice” as relates to communicatingto sales and marketing teams the information needed to promote events, drive attendance, capture leads, and ensure follow-up.
- Train staff on best practice event etiquette and GHX-specific event protocols and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate on the development of effective strategies and plans for pre-show outreach to field sales and customersto be executed by demand generation personnel, to maximize value of time spent attending events.
- Attend events that require on site logistics support.
- Perform pre-show and onsite management of facilities and related logistics, including management of hotel room block, AV, food and beverage / catering, ground transportation, special event planning.
- Responsible for providing collected leads to demand gen personnel and following up to ensure leads have been properly loaded into CRM.
- Execute post-mortem analysis for all events with a read out on success of the event compared to stated goals and metrics.
- Track and report on event performance metrics such as badge scansand MQLs, as well cost per lead/opportunity, and ensure demand generation team rolls up those metrics for holistic lead generation r
- Manage budget for, purchase and distribute appropriate gifts and branded swag.
- Be knowledgeablein and keep current on trends shaping the event planning industry to ensure GHX presence is always “leading edge”.
- May perform other job duties as directed by leadership
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6–8 years in event marketing, field marketing, corporate hospitality, or event planning and management.
- A detail-, deadline-, and budget-focused orientation with strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, polish, and professionalism.
- Incredibly high standards and impeccable taste with an eye for design.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously in challenging environments.
- Self-starter who thrivesin an unstructured and collaborative team environment.
- Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP) , Certified Meeting Professional certification from the Convention Industry Council (CIC) or completion of the Certified Meeting Planner program from Meeting Planners International (MPI) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in healthcare, B2B technology industry and/or a startup environment is desired.
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM) and/or Pardot (Marketing Automation) preferred, but not required.
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.