Events Marketing Manager
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
The Events Marketing Manager role within the Americas Demand Center is a fantastic career opportunity for an innovative, results-driven marketing professional to set the strategy/plan and goals for the Americas events portfolio and drive strategic alignment with the worldwide events portfolio. The Events Marketing Manager is a critical leadership role which will lead the events roadmap/plan, event performance analytics, vendor selection/management, and budget management for the Americas events portfolio. This role will be instrumental in evolving our events strategy/plan/execution using ‘best practice’ methods to drive measurable business impact by optimizing ROI/spend, event engagement metrics, and event-driven sales/marketing metrics (lead generation, conversion rates, sales qualified opportunities, pipeline attribution).
- Event Portfolio Management & Governance: Partner with Americas Field/Channel Marketing and worldwide events team to define events portfolio/roadmap to align to audience/persona, field sales/channel, and solution portfolio priorities. Leverage event performance metrics to make decisions to start, stop, and/or continue specific events. Conduct post-mortem event reviews as needed.
- Analytics: Ability to partner closely with Marketing Ops, Worldwide events team and others to define analytics needs/reports, set goals, analyze results, and recommend event strategy/plan changes to optimize ROI/spend, engagement metrics (pre-event, event, and post-event), personal/audience reach, and sales/marketing metrics (lead generation, conversion rates, sales qualified opportunities, pipeline attribution). Lead regular events performance reviews.
- Vendor Portfolio Management: Ability to assess vendor capabilities, select optimal event vendors, define vendor performance/SLAs, lead vendor contract negotiations, and remediate vendor performance.
- Budget: Develop and manage event/program budgets across numerous geo/worldwide led events which are NetApp led, partner led, and third party led. Recommend process changes to optimize spend/ROI.
- Nurture Journey Design – Event Specific & Overall Customer Journey: Experience working with marketing to integrate event-specific engagement journey (pre/during/post event) into overall inbound/outbound ‘buyer’s journey’ as well as post event sales/channel engagement. Encompasses the application of multiple tactics (email, paid media, digital advertising, social, third party web properties, webinars, events, etc.) to drive event registration, attendance, on-site engagement, and lead generation.
- Post Event - Partner & Sales Engagement: Understanding and experience in defining post-event engagement plan for qualified event leads.
- Event Execution Best Practices: Ability to define/build/train teams on scalable event planning/execution best practices and processes to optimize the customer experience and accelerate execution speed, quality and efficiency.
- Broad Marketing Tactics Experience: Prefer some experience/knowledge outside of events in defining the required marketing tactics mix aligned to persona/audiences across inbound/outbound tactics (across content, paid media, organic, digital advertising, social (paid, owned, earned), third party web properties, email, webinars, events, etc.)
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.