We are looking for an experienced and creative Event Manager to join our team. As an Event Manager at our company, you will be responsible for organizing and coordinating fun events.
We are expecting you to be very well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills, good time management and attention to detail are a must!
THE FUN STUFF
- Take ownership of all events and work closely with internal resources to launch and host multiple events each year.
- Responsible for running successful events
- Obtain venue and vendor options for all events and handle all negotiations for event contracts.
- Oversee all details of events including speaker coordination, ordering food and beverages; managing supplies and audiovisual equipment, ordering event signage and materials, managing event participation.
- Serve as the liaison for vendors and sponsors on event related matters.
- Analyze the event’s success based on attendance, attendee feedback.
- Maintain an annual events calendar and events timeline.
- Work with the Digital Marketing team on event-related graphics and web design work.
- Develop and implement event promotion and outreach plans.
- Lead all event promotion activities via all available channels
- Prepare budgets, keep track of event expenses, and provide consistent progress reports.
- Work closely with the sales team to provide information and support for sponsorship sales.
- Actively participate in sales support activities, such as sending emails and attending industry trade shows.
- Cover external events and conferences on evenings and weekends, when necessary.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 3 years of experience as event planning
- Ability to travel 8-10 times a year
- A team player with proven ability to work in a highly deadline-driven fast paced environment
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solver able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- A highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Result-oriented person who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to innovate
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Customer Mindset: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction and have the urgency to solve their problems.
- Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articiulate and honest in the delivery of your message.
- Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct and move on.
- Innately Curious: Status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
- Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!