Email Marketing Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business. We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our demand generation team and take our prospect experience to the next level. As the Email Marketing Manager, you will build the strategy for our database engagement and own the execution of our email campaigns. The ideal person likes to take the initiative on projects and continually find ways to improve and elevate their programs. As an individual contributor to the team, you will have assistance from others but will ultimately own the results and success of Checkr’s prospect email campaigns. If this excites you, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Own the creation of email templates, including coding of templates, for multiple types of offers.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining lists based on segments, audiences, and exclusions from both our marketing automation and CRM instances.
- Expertise in preparation of email marketing campaigns and ability to work independently to execute from ideation to launch.
- Take initiative and have the ability to learn brand messaging, as well as technical information, on the job.
- Create grammar, spelling free, and correct variable field messaging that is on brand with Checkr.
- Own the creation of a prospect to customer journey playbook through email communication.
- Successfully work with key stakeholders to communicate how, when, and why we’re messaging to their audiences, along with conducting any necessary training associated.
- Manage operations to keep our Hubspot and Salesforce instances properly synced and ensure clean data processes.
- Adhere to all legal/compliance regulations relating to email communications across various audiences.
- Assist sales team with email best practices and content creation for outbound email sequences that relate to marketing campaigns.
- 2-3 years experience in email marketing (B2B and/or startup experience a plus)
- Knowledge of email marketing standard methodologies, data segmentation, A/B testing and campaign analysis to constantly improve performance.
- Comfortable with HTML as it relates to emails
- Previous experience with marketing automation software is required (Hubspot experience a plus)
- Previous experience with Salesforce is required
- Previous experience with Outreach or Salesloft is a plus
- Self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical ability with test and learn within your scope of work
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.