eCommerce Associate- January 2019 Start Date
ABOUT THE ROLE
Digital advertising success for retail and eCommerce businesses is dependent on strategically listing products in a way that makes them easier to buy via search engines and comparison shopping engines. The eCommerce Associate position is a client facing, data-driven marketing position focused on driving increased returns on your clients' digital ad campaigns. The role begins with in-depth training, followed by execution of Amazon, Google Shopping, and product feed work under the oversite of a seasoned eCommerce Manager. Within 1-2 months, you will begin autonomously managing your first product feeds with an increasing account load & client communication responsibility as the role progresses.
You will get in on the ground floor of one of Metric Theory's highest opportunity units with the potential to scale quickly. You will have the opportunity to grow into a team management role and help the team expand responsibilities including Amazon, Facebook, and eBay feed management. Along the way, you will be exposed to businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to 10-person eCommerce companies that rely on digital marketing and product data feeds to drive revenue.
Initially, feed managers receive one month of in-depth training on the following topics:
- Google & Bing Shopping campaigns
- The product data feed and how it impacts Google & Bing shopping campaigns
- How to drive improvements in the product data feed
- Amazon Ads management
After the initial training period, you will be paired with an experienced eCommerce team member in an apprenticeship. This shadowing process will provide hands on experience with feed optimizations before taking on your own clients. Continued training is provided on an ongoing basis to continue skills refinement and growing your knowledge base.
Future growth in the role would offer routes toward team management, training ownership and new product development.
- An inquisitive mind and An comfort with numbers; digital marketing is a data driven world
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable work ethic and drive for success
- High Attention to Detail
Other Beneficial Experience
- Prior statistical, analytic or digital marketing background
- Prior experience with client services and communication
- Expertise with Excel
- Experience with data feeds
- Previous AdWords or Amazon advertising experience
- Experience with computer programming
- Experience working with various Shopping Cart software
- Comfort with FTPs and extracting data from various file types
ABOUT METRIC THEORY
Why We're Frequently Ranked a Best Place to Work
- Tireless focus on culture that unites everyone around common goals and shared principles
- Openness to new ideas that affords employees the opportunity to make a difference on day 1
- Frequent 360-degree feedback that pushes everyone to get better together
- Universal eagerness to help each other without the expectation of anything in return
- Conscious focus on learning & professional development at all levels of the organization
- Generous paid time off including company-wide work from home week between Christmas and New Year's, annual "work from anywhere" week, birthday PTO, and more
- Excellent medical, dental & vision coverage, 401(k), monthly gym stipend, and pre-tax commuter benefit