Director, SMB Marketing at Zen Planner
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As the Director of SMB Marketing, you will lead and direct the marketing efforts to advance mind share, lead share, market share, wallet share, and loyalty share in the SMB market. This role leverages market strategies to guide program and campaign development to advance strategic objectives and tactical executions to contribute to overall company growth.
The Director of SMB Marketing reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Set and measure annual team and individual performance metrics.
- Directs overall brand strategy in the SMB market and aligns resources to achieve these strategies and tactics.
- Oversees management of SMB marketing budget to ensure that spend results in best return for the company.
- Supervises a team of brand managers, including setting team and individual goals, evaluating performance, and providing coaching to maximize effectiveness.
- Review/QA all marketing deliverables to ensure they advance brand strategy and communicate outcomes important to the audience.
- Reports on team performance, campaign effectiveness, and adjusts plans to accomplish critical imperatives.
- Provides critical input into market strategy and go to market execution, alongside the research, analytics, and insights team.
- Collaborates with peers within marketing, sales, product, and services organizations to ensure alignment on objectives and top notch execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the Jobs-to-Be-Done and Outcomes-Based Research innovation methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field
- Two (2) to Four (4) years related experience required, with some experience in the health, fitness, and wellness industry
- Experience fostering organizational alignment surrounding the formulation and execution of go to market strategies.
- Experience using marketing technology to execute strategies and report on their effectiveness in driving results, with Salesforce and HubSpot knowledge being imperative.
- Domain expertise of the health, fitness, and wellness industry is a plus.
- Experience working at a company backed by private equity is a plus.
- Experience in a SMB-focused fitness startup is a plus.
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.