HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of SEO who will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy that will increase the organic visibility of the HomeAdvisor website. As we continue to experience tremendous growth, this person will be tasked with building a high performing SEO team oriented around retention, engagement, and performance. This role will sit at our Denver HQ will report into our VP of SEO and Product Growth.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
- Fiercely competitive with a sense of urgency, creativity and curiosity for how we can outperform the competition, and drive stakeholders in SEO, product, analytics and engineering to deliver the data and tools needed to be effective
- A forward-thinking visionary with the ability to execute and drive key initiatives for big results
- Nimble and able to measure performance with a keen focus on scale, growth, and business impact
- Collaborative by nature with a bias toward action
- Constantly staying abreast of new technologies, SEO concepts and best practices (keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.)
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage and execute on strategy, roadmap and vision to grow the HomeAdvisor userbase.
- Build a unified SEO team to deliver best in class experiences and hit key SEO traffic goals.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop an SEO roadmap that balances acquisition, conversion, user experience and technical SEO foundations.
- Create a world class SEO function by ensuring we are ahead of the curb on emerging search trends, technology, and strategy.
- Leverage analytics and data to prioritize SEO initiatives while monitoring user acquisition health metrics and identifying areas of improvements, competitive benchmarks and relevant trends
- Serve as the primary SEO evangelist throughout the organization and work cross functionally to establish alignment and buy in on the SEO strategy.
- Collaborate with Product, Technology and Content teams across the business to ensure SEO considerations are factored into other products and features
- Deliver significant growth and scale while hyper-focused on quality
- Identify KPI’s to effectively measure and manage campaigns with a focus on iteration and constant improvement
Skills and experience for success:
- 5+ years of Search Engine Optimization, User Acquisition or related experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- Proven success in strategizing and executing technical SEO initiatives to acquire users efficiently and at scale
- Expertise working with large scale SaaS platforms and/or direct to consumer marketplace environments
- Prior experience scaling organic search for sites with 10MM+ monthly search traffic
- Demonstrated experience working with demand forecasting and acquisition models
- Strong technical background within engineering, product or other areas of technical prowess
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor organic search health
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with experience structuring and performing complex analysis within organic search to drive efficient growth
- Powerful communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior management
- Extensive experience working alongside various internal stakeholders to drive success
- Knowledge and working experience with BI and SEO tools like Google Analytics, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $150,000-200,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!