Director, Product Marketing at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Director, Product Marketing to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners by developing a best-in-class product strategy that can be played out in the sales process. In this role, you’ll help to build out a team that will drive our go-to-market positioning and provide sales support for existing and prospective customers.
In particular, we’re looking for a leader who can thrive in building scalable approaches across a team that operates in a complex, high-touch client environment. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to drive the direction that will allow us to increase our deal velocity and multiply the impact our offerings have on our clients’ employees.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and upskill millions of employees. This role sits on the Employer Marketing team, and collaborates regularly with Sales, B2B marketing, and product.
As Director, Product Marketing you will:
- Design, test, and improve messaging and positioning for client-facing collateral across our solutions (some solutions are brand new, others have strong adoption)
- Build out sales enablement efforts to allow us to quickly ramp and continuously educate our growing team
- Recommend pricing and packaging of offerings that are simple to understand and easy to buy
- Be a part of continuing to build out our Product Marketing function, through the hiring and development of team members and the establishment of roles and responsibilities between functions
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, B2B marketing, Solution Leads and others to drive demand, adoption and overall success of the product
- In addition to those above, partner closely with both Product and Engineering teams to continuously refine and build our solutions suite
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of total experience in Marketing or GTM Strategy roles, with an emphasis on developing and testing messaging and positioning in b2b environments (bonus if bulk of experience has been focused on product marketing specifically)
- Examples of go-to-market strategies you have developed and successfully rolled out
- Strong ability to simplify and visualize offering concepts in a way that is client-consumable
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $155,000-$195,000 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth