Director, Media Relations at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the United States. At ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on us to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of our brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. We’ve established category-transforming products through brands such as HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands such as HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired. ANGI Homeservices is headquartered in Denver, Colo.
As our brands grow, we are seeking an innovative, results-driven, Director of Media Relations, to create the buzz for ANGI Homeservices brands, lead consumer brand media relations and spearhead the messaging of our brands to cultivate a consistent narrative across for all audiences in all types of media outlets.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Shape messaging and strategy around earned media, speaking engagements, award nominations and other strategies as needed for core ANGI Homeservices brands
- Oversee earned media outreach and pitching, building and nurturing relationships with business press, local press and broadcast media and work with brand partners and internal partners to achieve quality media opportunities.
- Drive consumer brand public relations and communications strategy, from the development of proactive consumer campaigns to the efficient reactive management of direct inquiries
- Manage freelancers and bloggers to elevate brand awareness for ANGI Homeservices brands, products and services to regional and national audiences
- Identify new areas of opportunity to drive positive earned media for the ANGI Homeservices brand through all available channels
- Identify and coach appropriate business partner groups to effectively communicate with analysts, clients, the media and public interest groups
- Help lead and grow the media relations team through strong leadership skills, providing relatable coaching and mentoring and oversee the day to day management of the media relations coordinator
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 6-8+ years of communications, media relations and/or public relations experience; in-house or PR agency and technology/Internet experience a plus
- Significant management experience and/or experience growing an agency or practice area
- Proven track record generating new ideas and opportunities to expand earned media and media engagement
- Ability to work independently to create and implement integrated and comprehensive communications strategies with proven and trackable outcomes
- Very strong story-teller (knows how to leverage any announcement into a story and appeal to a national audience) and exceptional writing and communication skills including a mastery of core media relations writing including press releases, media advisories and pitches
- Senior media relations experience (tech, business, and consumer tech)
- Ability to prioritize and execute against multiple projects, including events, press material development, media briefings, product launches as well as handle new business
- Creative thinker, familiar with online tools and various digitally-oriented communication tactics and distribution channels
- Forward-thinker and ‘go-getter’ mentality; able to identify new communications methods, technologies and strategies
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives
- High level of independence, energy and motivation
- Ability to travel up to 25% to various locations, or as needed
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!