Director of Marketing Technology & Operations at Ibotta
The Director of Marketing Technology & Operations provides leadership and direction in creating comprehensive strategy by owning the solution architecture of the marketing tech stack, maintaining integrations between martech other technologies with the Engineering and Sales Operations teams, and driving implementation projects to continually improve our tools and cost-efficiency. This role includes managing a high performing team, optimizing our marketing tech stack, process development, cross-functional partnership with product and engineering on technical solutions, build and deployment of marketing programming, and project management.
- Work with Marketing Leadership to define and align your team’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the marketing tech stack, inclusive of identifying, integrating, and implementing new tools, deprecating unneeded tools, and optimizing existing tools and processes to maximize team efficiency.
- Work across Marketing Leadership and internal stakeholders to define and refine scalable processes that improve collaboration, reduce error rates, and improve efficiency as the team continues to grow. This includes building out working documents, communication flows, escalation plans, refinement of SLAs, etc.
- Develop creative solutions with new and existing tools that increase the range of capabilities for the broader Marketing team.
- Partner cross-functionally with Product & Engineering to develop a strong understanding of back end systems and their interactions with Marketing tools and campaign needs. You will be the technical advocate for the broader Marketing team.
- Manage a high performing team of technical marketers to deploy world-class, error-free programs that deliver on Ibotta’s mission to “Make Every Purchase Rewarding”.
- Develop upstream plans for the implementation of new events and technical solutions to support new product launches. Our technical capabilities play an integral role in our ability to successfully support new product launches and feature deployment.
- Create and own strategic relationships with external technology and data vendors to ensure full support of all critical marketing initiatives.
- Plan, manage and prepare the department's tools and technology budget.
- 8+ years in Marketing Operations or Operations leadership roles
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Technology or related field of study
- Strong project management skills which include delivering all projects on time and within scope by leading and managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience with marketing technology, operational tools, work-stream management software programs and automation systems
- Ownership of a marketing technology stack, including marketing automation (e.g. Braze, Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Salesforce, etc.)
- Strong background in Marketing and Advertising Technologies and their applications to scale performance marketing organizations
- Experience sourcing vendors, drafting RFPs, and working with internal teams to conduct due diligence
- Well versed in customer lifecycles and full-funnel marketing, preferably in a B2C technology context
- Candidates should be strategic, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Proven leadership and motivational skills in developing a cohesive team
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.