Director, Marketing & Communications at Ursa Major
The Director, Marketing and Communications will directly shape Ursa Major’s Go-to-Market strategy. An ideal candidate excels at envisioning an overall MarCom approach, engaging key stakeholders internally to collect feedback and buy-in, translating the strategy into tactical steps, and executing on the plan. The successful candidate will have experience in building and moving out on MarCom strategies from the ground floor. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and has the right balance of vision and execution skills. This position requires someone who has a passion for translating complex engineering feats into compelling value propositions.
- Develop and implement Ursa Major’s go-to-market strategy
- Define and clearly articulate differentiated value propositions to address the needs of the growing space access and hypersonic industries
- Collaborate with the executive team to create a set of key messages for use in press releases, industry interviews, conference presentations and corporate events
- Craft impactful presentation material(s) to deliver key messages and value propositions to customers and business partners in the commercial and defense markets
- Leverage a range of communication schemes to reach our customers including web, social media, account-based marketing, trade shows, conferences etc. Use a data driven mentality to measure the impact of different campaign tactics.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with third-party consulting firms that support a range of needs to achieve Ursa Major’s Marketing and Communication goals.
- Coordinate with the Government Relations team and Business Development leads to ensure the go-to market and sales strategies are harmonized to achieve corporate objectives.
- Model, exemplify and champion Ursa Major’s corporate values of Cohesion, Conviction and Humility
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing and Communications in an engineering field
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, action-oriented environments and are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, reprioritize quickly and meet deadlines.
- Team player with a high sense of urgency. Effectively collaborate with technical, business and management teammates.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to strategically “connect the dots” to articulate customer value in simple, yet compelling ways.
- Experience influencing key decision makers with account-based marketing strategies
- Experience working in the Defense and/or Aerospace market
- 10-12 years of experience in Marketing and Communications
- Unlimited PTO - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan - Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is a minimum of $160,000, with a capped salary determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.