Director of Developer Relations
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is seeking a Director of Developer Relations to join an already elite team to work onsite in our beautiful Golden, Colorado office. We work on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpaceX, NASA, Facebook, and the International Olympics Committee. We have been in business since 2005, won numerous industry awards, and have products deployed in more than 170 countries. As a result, we are growing rapidly and building out our teams, services, and infrastructure.
The Director of Developer Relations will be responsible for building a large, vibrant and active community of developers and setting the strategy for the DevRel team including advocacy, community and education while building the team to help execute those programs. This is a fantastic opportunity with a successful, growing and cutting edge software company with people passionate about helping customers and creating compelling and competitive products with worldwide impact.
What you will be doing
- Leading the effort and set the strategy for developer relations with outreach, community building and education.
- Living and breathing the Wowza products creating compelling materials and messaging
- Cultivating a network overflowing with technologists, industry leaders, strategic customers and partners building relationships while raising awareness for Wowza products.
- Gathering insight from developer interactions and providing feedback and recommendations to our Product team regarding developer needs
- Building a developer advocacy and community engagement team to scale execution
- Driving our presence at the right conferences, hackathons, and Meetups.
Experience we’d like you to have
- A passion for creating innovative technical solutions for inspiring, educating, and enabling developers and partners, sharing what you know in presentations, in person and in blogs
- Building and leading a Developer Relations team
- Presenting technical talks at conferences
- 5+ years of experience leading initiatives to educate developers on new technologies
- Strong leadership and management skills including developing teams
- A mix of business insight and technical expertise
- Evangelizing technologies and are both a marketer and developer.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!