Director, Corporate Marketing
As a Director, Corporate Marketing, you will have the opportunity to create customer awareness for our market-leading software solutions through branding, outbound B2B marketing, trade shows, and a coordinated marketing effort to support new enterprise sales. In effectively doing so you will help advance Simple Energy’s purpose to create a more sustainable future.
Customer Awareness, Activation, and Lead Generation
- Develops and executes campaigns across multiple channels to create awareness of Simple Energy solutions to targeted enterprise customers in the utility and energy industry.
- In collaboration with our enterprise sales team executes targeted outreach, newsletters, and marketing campaigns to drive inbound lead generation, warming, and support conversion and acceleration in the sales funnel.
- Executes trade show, webinar, and other industry awareness efforts to effectively position Simple Energy solutions with thought leaders, customers, regulators, and ecosystem partners to create new business opportunities.
- Develops analytical approach to maximizing customer acquisition and lead generation for cost effective deployment of marketing resources.
Branding, Positioning and Marketing
- Works with Simple Energy product, product marketing, and sales colleagues to create materials (e.g. tear sheets, presentations, white papers, collateral) for use in sales and marketing. Maintain and update templates to refine best practices and tailored content for different audiences.
- Develops and executes the Simple Energy narrative, ensuring the successful integration of the company’s branding, mission, values, business plans and commitment to public benefit as a Certified B-Corp
- Demonstrate strong consumer and customer focus and spearhead overall strategic positioning of our marketing strategy
- Owns the communications strategy for external stakeholders, including execution of key company sponsorships and events, and content curation for the company’s social media and digital channels.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on how to best frame and position key issues utilizing strategic corporate communications.
- Manages relationships with press and executes on tactical public relations strategy in support of company goals, including collaboration with customer and partner media relations teams for execution.
To get started right away you will need:
- Experience: 5-10 years of marketing communications and strategy experience in roles of increasing responsibility with a proven track record of success in corporate communication, marketing (in either a corporate or agency setting), brand management, marketing communication or similar discipline.
- Outcome orientation: Driven to deliver critical company outcomes including new leads, increased velocity and inbound customer demand, and corporate growth.
- Thought Process: An appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking and process creation, ability to spot unusual patterns
- Values: Aligned to Simple Energy’s mission, self-aware and has a positive, proactive attitude
- Discipline: Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is process oriented and excels in both strategy creation and tactical execution.
- Great communicator: Communicates proactively across the team and external stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills from concept to completion, including message development, understanding of key stakeholders, and the creation, editing and tailoring of compelling corporate brand communications for a variety of channels, including traditional and social/new media and supporting materials for direct sales.
- Analytical and Creative: You have the foundation to be able to navigate through hardcore financial modeling in excel while still being creative and adding thoughtful flair to presentations and completed products.
Reporting to: President and Founder
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.