Director Of Consumer Marketing at Webroot
For the driven consumer marketing professional, this is a unique opportunity to push your career to new levels in a highly visible role at a technology leader! As the Director of Consumer Marketing at Webroot, you will market the #1 customer satisfaction rated internet security software in North America and Japan. You will play a vital role in establishing strategies and executing programs for customer retention and growth in a highly strategic product line that is already growing well above market rates, but has great expansion potential in digital channels and new demographics. This is an exciting time at Webroot and you will have an opportunity to help us redesign our packaging. Your ability to succeed in diverse cultures and business climates from in-store retail to online is vital. If you are interested in helping drive our consumer growth in an environment where your efforts and results are noticed, then this is the role for you! For the right person we can provide some relocation assistance
As our Director of Consumer Marketing, based in our Broomfield, CO, office, you will be responsible for overall marketing strategy, and the planning and execution of a diverse range of programs and tactics to retain and attract customers and drive revenue. You’ll manage marketing relationships with major retailers (both in store and online) and will develop the sales staff training and promotional marketing programs to ensure that they actively promote Webroot and can articulate the value proposition to consumers. You’ll also lead marketing for our digital direct business. This opportunity allows you the autonomy you need to be creative, grow your career and interact with a broad range of customers and colleagues as well as build and lead a team of four in the US and Japan. Take this opportunity to play a critical role in influencing the growth of our company while enhancing your career at an industry leader.
- In collaboration with sales and product, create global go-to-market strategies and plans, including market segmentation and targeting, audience voice identification, campaign themes, messaging, creative, engagement model
- Work with Product Marketing to develop messaging that is value based and focused on customer pain points. Write copy for campaigns, with SEO requirements in mind, across all campaign elements
- Collaborate with product marketing and sales leadership to determine the optimal plan to maximize the success and ROI on key product launches in the marketplace. Lead the cross-functional launch process for product and service introductions and inline releases
- Coordinate campaign planning and marketing program process with Field, Regional and Channel Marketing
- Ensure integration and adaptation of campaigns across all target audiences including Channel and Strategic Partners
- Develop and deliver product training to internal and external audiences in support of channel development opportunities
- Participate in QBRs with key partners; be customer facing and add value in support of key account initiatives
- Develop and deliver in store merchandising programs
- Primary day-to-day interface with agencies and internal creative partners, PR and social to manage creation and delivery of all marketing materials and campaigns
- Become an internal evangelist and expert for the consumer cyber security segment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline required; MBA preferred
- 8-10+ years of experience in campaign strategy, design, execution and measurement in support of demand generation
- 5+ years of experience in online marketing, with a thorough understanding of all online marketing components.
- An extensive background in and understanding of the consumer marketing mix, as well as how the customer and channel in the consumer technology market works, thinks and is influenced
- Prior industry experience in marketing consumer-based technology, software-as-a-service and/or cyber security—with an emphasis on the channel—is preferred
- Mastery at creating clear, differentiated, and customer-focused product positioning and messaging
- Ability to take initiative and drive execution, while balancing multiple priorities and stakeholders
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.