Ibotta is seeking a Director of Campaign Operations to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of managers who are responsible for leading the technical set up of all content, including complex targeting and thorough QA procedures
- Drive flawless and efficient program execution for existing and new services and capabilities
- Act as Operations stakeholder for company-wide initiatives, identifying needs and strategic considerations and helping to drive execution
- Develop and leverage relationships with organizational leaders to foster collaboration cross-departmentally, eliminating obstacles to the achievement of performance objectives
- Analyze and optimize operational workflows and resources with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Build and relay reports for leadership related to accuracy and efficiency of the program launch process
- Shape Ibotta’s approach to campaign operations with a progressive perspective that melds business goals with Performance Marketer and Saver needs
What we are looking for:
- Technical Skills: Ability to make inferences from a variety of data sources such as Looker and take appropriate action, experience with workflow management tools, lean six sigma certification is a plus
- 6-8 + years of experience, including 2 years of people management, and 1 year of leading leaders preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Track record of leading scalable process improvements
- Experience in workforce management, tracking and managing team performance and productivity
- Project management experience, excel at juggling multiple projects at once
- The ability to think at a high-level and visualize holistic process improvements, yet unafraid of getting into the weeds to tackle complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly effective verbal and written communication
- A strategic perspective to problem solving, coupled with creativity and determination
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- The Base Compensation is $110,000 - $120,000. In addition, this role also includes a variable component. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.