Digital Marketing Manager at Personal Capital
About Personal Capital:
Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We’re on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the country. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $850 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families.
Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas and Atlanta.
For more information on Personal Capital, please visit personalcapital.com.
This role is responsible for leading the strategy, planning and buying of Personal Capital’s media across programmatic and direct publisher buys as well managing agency relationships for other performance marketing channels such as search and social. You are detail-oriented, passionate about AdTech, love running media tests and thrive on looking for new ways to drive new user growth. The person in this role will partner with our Creative, Analytics and Product teams and should be a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and values-driven organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading financial technology company who is reinventing wealth management for the digital age and putting the power back where it belongs - with consumers. We bring clarity and confidence to people’s financial lives and hold ourselves to the highest standard as fiduciaries. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a late-stage start-up on a mission to change the financial industry making it more transparent, consumer-focused, and most importantly, personal.
This role is located in Denver, San Francisco or Redwood Shores (Silicon Valley.)
- Lead strategy and planning of Personal Capital’s acquisition marketing across programmatic media and direct publisher buys. This will include budget ownership and allocation, as well as managing both mobile and desktop acquisition campaigns (creation, day-to-day management, ongoing experimentation, measurement and reporting) and external partners.
- Manage agency relationships for performance channels including search and social media.
- Continuously generate ideas to improve Personal Capital’s campaign performance including campaign strategy, new audiences, creative optimization, bidding and new tests.
- Use audience data to build effective campaigns focused on both attracting new customers and converting existing users into wealth management services.
- Regularly monitor and optimize performance across all digital channels.
- Recommend tests and ensure alignment across other digital marketing channels.
- Partner with Analytics to understand and refine cross-device user journey and optimize.
- Partner with Analytics to refine tracking and measurement and develop channel specific dashboards and reporting tools. Implement best practices or onboard necessary third-party measurement or optimization partners.
- Onboard technology platforms needed to expand
- Develop plans for other channel expansions (mobile ad networks, DSPs,CTV, etc)
- Establish reporting and benchmarks for performance to present to leadership teams on a monthly basis.
- 5+ years of performance marketing experience, with at least 3 years specifically managing programmatic display and video campaigns and Facebook, Search or other relevant channels
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges. Ability to collaborate on conversion rate optimization and app store optimization projects.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with DV360
- Technical and skilled hands-on-keys buyer that will own the end-to-end strategy, planning, buying and optimization within the programmatic ecosystem: SSPs, DSPs, Ad Exchanges, Ad Networks and Trading Desks and the thorough understanding of campaign pricing/cost models, targeting capabilities, measurement/campaign metrics & ad verification/viewability/ad fraud, audience measurement
- Subject matter expertise in programmatic buying, direct buying through DV360, Google Ads, and other networks/platforms
- Strong communication skills to manage agency relationships and optimizations for search and social channels
- Composed/collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- Strong track record of scaling acquisition campaigns and hitting targets
- Well-versed in overall growth and performance metrics
- Previous hands on experience with Facebook Ads manager/ Google Ad Words or other similar platforms is a plus
- Ability to tease out trends/insights from complex data sets into action items. Expert in excel and knowledge of tableau.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Ability to work between teams, functions and geographies, with high autonomy and little guidance
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Fanatical obsession with achieving ROI and metrics
- Superb quantitative skills including intermediate level statistics
- Relentless, systematic approach to measuring and adjusting marketing mix in real time
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.