Digital Marketing Analyst at Granicus LLC
The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) is our in-house digital agency, a cross-functional team of strategists, analysts, communicators and Granicus technology experts. We leverage best-in-class human-centered practices and a design-thinking approach to help our nonpartisan federal, state and local government clients better connect with the people they serve. We discover better insights, build better experiences, and achieve better outcomes.
GXG takes a consultative, collaborative approach to helping our clients maximize the value they get out of the Granicus platform and develop strategic, human-centered experiences that inform, educate and compel people to take action
The opportunities to make a difference while working on digital-first initiatives for the public sector are limitless. We're looking for a Digital Marketing Analyst to help in our next phase of growth. This role will contribute at every step from establishing communication segmentation and flow to analyzing performance.
The ideal candidate is highly strategic, very comfortable with numbers, and is able to communicate effectively and calmly, even under deadline pressure and with clients. The ideal candidate wants to build and expand our data practice for our clients. This role is not a good fit for someone looking for detailed daily direction; a successful candidate must be a curious self-starter with an enthusiasm for demonstrating results to our clients. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county's digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide social services initiative, to growing a large federal agency's digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Manager of the Granicus Experience Group based in D.C.
What You'll Do:
- Articulate high-level communication flows into detailed database requirements
- Oversee all tracking, QA and reporting across communication touchpoints
- Closely collaborate with GXG Strategy and Program teams, vendor partners and client contacts to operationalize and measure performance of campaigns and drive strategic recommendations for optimizations
- Manage and resolve the key data issues involving quality and consistency of data for analytical purposes
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive. Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
- Occasionally represent the Granicus Experience Group in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements to our platform.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of digital marketing analysis, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- Mastery of analyzing and interpreting data from digital communications, including email marketing, social networks, surveys, websites or the next new thing. Experienced in building out reporting tool.
- Highly skilled in Excel, with a data-first mindset. Tableau experience a plus.
- Possess superior analytical and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Understand and use digital tools, technologies and trends, then leverage those for client success
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
- Consistently manage, perform and scope against simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government. Passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location