Digital Ad Ops Specialist - Dish Media at DISH
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Media is seeking a Digital Ad Ops Technical Specialist based in Denver to ensure operational harmony for DAI (Dynamic Ad Insertion) on Sling, DISH Anywhere, TV Everywhere, and IP Set Top Box Video on Demand (STB VOD) platforms through monitoring and issue resolution. The Digital Ad Ops Technical Specialist will play a critical role in preventing revenue loss by reducing the time to resolve errors affecting DISH Media digital campaigns.
The Digital Ad Ops Technical Specialist will report to the Manager of Digital Ad Tech Ops within the DISH Media division. He/she should have a good understanding of the television, OTT (over the top), TV Everywhere and digital advertising landscapes. This person will work alongside multiple departments including Sling TV Operations, Media Operations, Product Management and Engineering.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day technical support for the digital advertising team for direct and programmatic campaigns across Sling TV, DISH Anywhere, IP STB VOD and TV Everywhere apps.
- Assist internal advertising operations, product, engineering and tech vendors to troubleshoot DAI, creative and tagging issues on digital properties.
- Monitor DAI performance and assist with development of new tools and methodologies for identifying issues.
- Integrate partner ad servers and programmatic platforms, including conducting testing and validation.
- Provide reporting, analysis, and recommended solutions for issues.
- Assist with trafficking digital campaigns as needed.
- Identify operational workflow enhancements and help instill best practices related to ad tech and troubleshooting across the Digital Ad Ops team
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Digital Ad Ops Technical Specialist will have or be the following:
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, attention to detail, and a love for problem solving.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in digital advertising operations; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (computer information systems or advertising preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including charts and pivot tables.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an eagerness to learn and collaborate with others both internally and externally.