Operations Retail Demand PlannerCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our recent funding raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!Job Description
The Operations Retail Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products for Wholesale/Retail channels. The individual in this role creates and maintains forecast models for all Sunday customers and products, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data).
The Retail Demand Planner is the integration point between sales, finance and Operations. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position participates in the monthly Sales & Operations meetings for all channels and products. They work closely with the Demand Planning/Inventory control manager to ensure optimal inventory levels and fill rates.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
- Develop retail demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Ownership and management of forecast accuracy for the Wholesale/Retail channels.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a demand planning/forecasting role
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to ever changing business needs
Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!Other Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Risk Management
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!