We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The Data Science team lies at the foundation of Zoom's success - you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of engineers, scientists, marketers, and product professionals on some of the most critical projects in the company - whether it's exploratory research to predict user behavior, or running experiments to optimize untapped areas of growth, or developing machine learning models that deliver "happiness" to our users more consistently and at scale.
If you are passionate about data engineering and looking to join a fun and fast-moving team, we'd love to meet you! Our team is taking Zoom's data culture to the next level by integrating predictive models into our infrastructure, and we are looking for someone like you to help us get there!
• Architect, design, develop, and implement large-scale distributed systems that process large volume of data with specific focus on marketing technologies such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Event and Anonymized ID Tracking; focusing on scalability, latency, efficiency and fault-tolerance in every system that you build
* Integrate data from a wide array of technologies into a seamless, privacy-conscious data ecosystem and connecting the data to downstream systems/services.
• Take ownership of a vaguely defined major business problem or product vision, translate it into executable technical design and roadmaps to solve the problem or realize the product vision
• Demonstrate technical skills to go very deep or broad in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverageable solutions
• Own multiple systems across big data platforms, and work with engineers, product managers, and engineering leaders to identify opportunities for business impact
• Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with business and market needs
• Role model for behaviors such as - being data intensive while approaching everyday problems with scientific temperament and rigor, having customer-first mind-set, maintaining highest standards for operational and engineering excellence
• Coach engineers by providing oversight and direction across different engineering efforts
• Raise the bar by improving the team's definition of best practices and architecture with deep domain knowledge
• Demonstrate the belief that you can achieve more as a team and that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement
• Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, team orientation, design thinking, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation.
• Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner and possessing excellent communication skills.
• 7+ years of experience in building large scale products, distributed systems in a high caliber environment, with frameworks and abstractions that are reliable and reusable
• Have hands on experience with big data systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Kafka and Flink to design and build out highly reliable, performant, ETL pipelines.
• Experience handling sensitive customer data in order to maintain compliance with data protection standards such as HIPPA / GDPR and CCPA.
• Experience in handling and triaging complex production issues
• Good understanding on Cloud Native Architecture
• Solid understanding of building and integrating with stream-based and as well as RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
• Prior exposure to AWS, Azure, GCP, and cloud native databases such as Redshift and Snowflake.
• Experience with SRE practices, including operational architectures, observability, reliability, availability and scalability
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram