Data Analytics Lead (Marketing)
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Data Analyst Lead will have a direct impact on growing the Sling business. Including helping us optimize performance in current Sling subscriber acquisitions and in supporting marketing, programming, and the digital team as Sling continues to drive the future of entertainment and interactivity. We’re looking for those with the capability and desire to position themselves and the Sling business for rapid growth.
The position will focus on producing accurate, practical insights that improve our effectiveness in acquiring and retaining the right consumers. The role will utilize data to track leads, build reports, understand customers, perform early signal analysis, and more. The role will evolve to help automate these processes and to work closely with customer acquisition leads to create and manage strategies aimed at maximizing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. Where it goes from there… you get to help us decide.
As part of the Finance, Strategy and Analytics team, the Marketing Data Analyst Lead will be responsible for building and maintaining reporting, analysis viewership and customer behaviors, evaluating product performance and make appropriate recommendations to programming, marketing, and digital teams. This includes using advanced statistical models, developing and maintaining analytic infrastructure, rigorous program analysis, creating and running advanced queries and reports, and performing customer analyses.
- Leverage SQL development skills to perform full-lifecycle data mining activities including requirements analysis, data quality assessment, data profiling, design and development of analytic data sets, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) from both relational databases and flat-file sources.
- Work with internal clients to understand requirements and potential uses for predictive models, descriptive models, and marketing reports.
- Provide analytical support for strategy development, measurement design, and post-campaign analysis.
- Provide support for ad-hoc analytical projects, including customer-level analysis, segmentation analysis, product affinity, and customer profiling analysis.
- Work with unstructured data sets and cleanse that data to make recommendations, using various tools like Redshift, Teradata, Tableau, and SQL server.#LI-JS1
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- A strategic and innovative thinker who is agile and possesses business-focused mindset.
- 4+years with SQL and database skills in SQL.
- Strong Google suite skills – Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Proficiency in SAS, Tableau and/or other complex analytical tools a strong plus.
- Experience in analyzing data and providing recommendations; ability to train and mentor junior members on the team is a strong plus.
- BS, BA or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related fields required; MBA or MS in Statistics, Math or related fields a plus; or combination of education and relevant work experience