Content Marketing Specialist
What we do:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What You’ll Do:
SambaSafety is looking for a highly motivated content author with a deep passion for research, writing, and storytelling to support our leading-edge content personalization strategy. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fun and flexible marketing team who operates at the forefront of technology, communication, and process.
As the Content Marketing Specialist,you will report to the Sr. Product Marketing Manager and support critical roles within our marketing team. Your focus, from a content perspective, will be to communicate the value of SambaSafety’s products and services by authoring and editing copy to support a myriad of promotional and educational content-related artifacts. Second, from a technology standpoint, you will be responsible for deconstructing existing content artifacts and establishing the metadata repository required to support our leading-edge content personalization strategy.
By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to bring a fresh voice to both content and communication. You’ll have the freedom to develop and manage a library of new content components that lead to the creation, nurture and retention of our customers. In turn, we’ll incorporate your creativity, best practices and expertise into our overall marketing plan.
This role requires a creative individual who possesses an excellent combination of education, written, presentation, organization, and communication skills. You must have a background in scholastic or corporate education and enablement and understand that this role is as much about quality, details, and deadlines, as it is about people, inspiration, and relationships. The right candidate will bring experience and insight, an incredibly positive attitude, and a great sense of humor to the table. Combined, these attributes will ensure the right candidate will be successful in the following activities:
- Work with the marketing team to understand our current and future product offerings and craft a compelling brand story and content strategy from the ground up
- Research, author, and edit a library of content for segmented audiences and across different channels (including videos, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, infographics, blogs, etc.)
- Position the company as an industry leader and expert by contributing content and answering questions regarding our products
- Work collaboratively with our design teams to deliver the highest-quality collateral
- Work with Product Marketing to develop and maintain an understanding the pain points and interests across a variety of audiences in order to effectively communicate business and product benefits
- Manage the editorial calendar that meets the objectives of product, marketing, and sales teams
- Write and edit a wide-range of content that drives engagements, leads, blog subscribers, and other important metrics
- Work with internal SMEs and customers to create case studies and customer success stories
- Apply brand voice and achieve a standard of excellence for all content that falls under the defined content strategy.
- Create, own and maintain SambaSafety’s writing style guide and enforce these style guidelines across departments.
- Craft creative copy for marketing kit materials, campaigns, and informational collateral pieces
What you’ll need:
- A passion for education and enablement
- Authoring and editing experience with a wide variety of word processors
- An action-oriented mindset; not afraid to roll-up your sleeves
- Sharp business judgement, detail oriented yet able to see the big picture
- Able to work autonomously with high variability
- Fun, outgoing and a great sense of humor
- A highly driven self-starter who is motivated, with exceptional communication, presentation and organization skills
- An impressive attention to detail
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
- The ability to adapt well to new technologies
- The ability to handle several tasks and juggle multiple priorities
- The ability to work independently and productively in an unstructured environment
- BS/BA required in Education, Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising, and/or related field or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in traditional education or corporate education
- Software or business experience is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- A skilled writer with excellent editing capabilities and attention to detail
- Copywriting experience for enterprise software/technology companies a plus
- A track record of success creating compelling copy for online and offline channels
- The ability to support multi-channel communication plans that support organizational goals
- A deep proficiency with Microsoft Word (themes, fonts, templates, lists, styles, and fields)
- Experience in agile project methodologies
- Digital Asset Management platform experience desired
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a "can do" attitude, but open to feedback and a strong desire to learn
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, the passion to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external constituents
- High energy, highly motivated and self-directed with a desire to contribute to the organization’s reputation and success
- Must thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment